Role: Web Developer
Term: Full-time; 4-6 month contract
As a web developer, your specialty is creativity. You have a yearning and drive to be all things creative and communications related. You thrive in working in a small team, where your contribution will have a direct impact on meeting client expectations. This means you will have the absolute skill set to apply them to creating the best work for our clients. Joining the Magnolia team is about growing with the company and working in a fast paced, high energy, and challenging work environment. In return, you will work on a wide variety of projects that will make your portfolio beam with pride.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
You will work closely with our project managers, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
Skill set requirements:
- Experience with Wordpress and/or Drupal
- Building web development projects in a B2B environment is an asset
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus. Laravel strongly desired
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus
- Responsive web design implementation and knowledge
- Cross browser and OS compatibility testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Over the top attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- A team-oriented, positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn as well as teach
- Creative thinking and passion for all things digital, technology and marketing
- Ability to work and communicate professionally and effectively with clients and account managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible with overtime hours when required to meet deadlines
- Agency experience would be an asset
- Highly proficient (advanced level) usage of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Thrive working independently with careful attention to details
- Can effectively manage competing interests, deadlines and multiple projects
- Team player with drive, pride in your work, dedication to get work done well
- College or prof. degree in multimedia integration
- 2-3 years of web development experience in a similar role
- Substantial experience working with Wordpress (or similar technologies and environment).
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging UX/UI standards for mobile and web applications.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Have a creative eye with extreme attention to detail and a passion for typography.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Certificate or Diploma in Interactive design.
- Complete understanding of the responsive design approach.
- Worked with clients or contractors in the past in a freelance environment.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating design excellence and versatility.
- Clear oral and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with staff & clients in an overall team environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Positive & Professional.
Examples of projects the Developer will work on
- Setting up multi-site WordPress builds
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Custom developing blogs
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
- CRM integration
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Contributing to the build and development of internal web applications to run clients’ internal systems and processes
- Developing documentation for complex systems