Grow with us!
Who are we?
We are NK iMODE, a premier source of elegant silk lingerie. Established here in Vancouver in 2003, NK iMODE designs, produces and sells lingerie made only from the finest silks for a global market. In a world of fast-fashion, we have firmly established ourselves as one of the leading lingerie brands of long-lasting, timeless collections for a discerning clientele.
Our NK iMODE Vancouver team is a small, tight-knit operation where each of us feels a part of every aspect of what we proudly create. Our team enjoys freedom to grow their position and responsibilities within a mandate of delivering to our clientele timeless lingerie that defies seasonal trends in a manner that is fair, ethical and profitable. As we grow, you grow! Join us where we believe the best training occurs in the doing.
Who are you?
You take ownership of your responsibilities! You look at a completed task and ask yourself: “What more can I do?” You motivate yourself to achieve better than you first thought you could! You genuinely feel proud of what you’ve accomplished! And most importantly, you are able to “Be the client”! Whether on-line or on the phone, you experience the entire e-commerce customer journey with empathy, understanding and with the knowledge to confidently state that you, like all NK iMODE clients, are beyond worth it! Then we definitely want to meet you!
Is there a fit?
We are looking for a visionary Web Designer/Developer to join our team.
- Create and maintain with the technical and graphics aspects of our website; how well the site works and how it looks
- Continual maintenance and updating of the website
- Design the website's visual imagery and ensure it reflects our brand
- Provide guidance on layout, colours and styles
- Design sample page layouts including text size, fonts and colours
- Design graphics, animations and manipulate digital images
- Design e-mail campaigns
- Develop programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics Test the website and identify any technical problems on a regular recurring basis
- Maintain registration of web domain names and organizing the hosting of the website
- Ensure search engine optimization protocols are followed
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy
- Troubleshoot and problem solve on a continuous basis
- Proof read all content and make changes where necessary
- Edit content, debug code and re-design web pages as needed
Requirements of the role:
- Post-secondary degree-level education in at least one of the following areas:
- Computer science
- Digital media production
- Fine art
- Graphic design
- Information technology
- Multimedia web design
- Software engineering
- Web design
- High-level proficiency with full Adobe Creative Suite or other graphical design software
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills, creativity, problem solving and expertise
- Strong creative, user experience UX/UI and technical processes
- Ability to produce organized and efficient code
- Translate design requirements and specifications into front-end code templates, designs and prototypes
- Wireframing experience
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing services
- Relevant work experience and vocational skills
- Hands-on experience with Shopify
- At least 3 years of web designing experience
- Ability and aptitude to stay on top of current design trends
- Desire for continuous professional development to keep up to date with new software and technology developments and how this impacts the business environment
Skills you are bringing:
- Creativity and imagination
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Thoroughness and precision – attention to detail
- Awareness of international web standards and protocols
- Self-motivated with strong initiative