We’re looking for new blood. In this new role, you will work alongside our Sr. Web Designer within an interdisciplinary creative team to design and develop outstanding web solutions in support of a varied client and development portfolio.
You come to this position from a related post-secondary graphic/digital/web design program, a year or two of real world development experience or an interesting and relevant combination of other experiences. Secret weapons may include WordPress expertise, Drupal experience, experience working with responsive frameworks, and a solid understanding of SEO, social media integration, analytics and MailChimp.
- build elegant and intuitive user interfaces for web applications
- maintain a passion for learning the latest technologies and standards
- consistently demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- familiarity with HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5
- knowledge of the semantics of all HTML elements
- familiarity with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc.
- adequate knowledge to hand-code markup
- familiarity with modifying WordPress Theme hooks to display data
- specify different CSS for various media, devices and displays
- engage best practices in CSS file organization and structure
- understand methods for including CSS inline, internal, and external via linked style sheets
- knowledge of how to define, combine, and group CSS selectors for HTML elements, ID, classes, pseudo classes, child or sibling
- understanding of syntax of CSS declarations, properties and attributes
- knowledge of methods to ensure browser & device compatibility
- knowledge of methods for degrading gracefully for older browsers and displays
- knowledge of methods to ensure accessibility
- knowledge of file compression techniques for improving speed
You are clever, learn on the fly, and are captivated by the black arts of web design and development. You work autonomously and have excellent problem-solving skills, but willingly seek the guidance and support of a multi-disciplinary team. You play well with others, have a technical mind with a strong creative drive, and the skills to enhance strategic brand or campaign development through digital/web-based channels. If you smile through the onslaught of competing priorities, deadlines, and the music preferences of colleagues, maybe you’re one of us.