Passion for the arts, creative and innovative?
The New Media Department is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable Web Designer / Developer to join our studio. Contributing as a key member of the team, the Web Designer / Developer will bring their skills to a broad range of projects to help us realize digital and organizational strategies for the National Arts Centre. We work as a small, dynamic team that thrives on innovation and strives for excellence. We love the Web as much as we love the arts and our passion and multidisciplinary approach shows in all our work.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to: developing the NAC’s Web platform using Expression Engine, author front-end interactions using CSS and jQuery and ensuring the Expression Engine platform is maintained for maximum performance, efficiency and security.
- Three to five years of Web design and development experience is essential;
- Ability to engage with the full software development life-cycle: planning, implementation, testing, documenting, deployment and maintenance;
- Familiarity with APIs from web services like: Flickr, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude;
- Attention to detail and a passion for clean and beautiful user experience;
- Strong problem solving and solution finding skills;
- Ability to identify, communicate and mitigate risks to project success;
- Proactive approach to undertaking complex work and contributing as a member of the overall team;
- Ability to multitask with strong-time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently as part of a team to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to identify and evaluate emerging technologies and remain current with Web Development and online communication trends;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Knowledge of Apache is an asset;
- Knowledge of Sass is an asset.
Who can apply?
Canadian citizens residing in Canada and abroad. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.