Web Designer & Administrator
One Year Contract
Working within the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit - BC (CFSEU-BC), British Columbia’s integrated anti-gang police agency, the Organized Crime Agency of BC (OCABC) is recruiting a creative and reliable team player to assist with CFSEU-BC’s web and Internet growth.
Reporting directly to the Information Technology Manager and to the Media & Communications Section, responsibilities will include:
- Designing, creating and managing internal/external web sites and the CFSEU-BC internal digital signage system
- Building, implementing, and managing internal/external web communication tools and mobile applications for a variety of operating platforms, and automated processes
- Contributing to the development and implementation of communications plans for web related activities, including the website integration of social media and future communications tools
- Advising required parties on web communication implications of their programs and integrate web-based strategies into communications plans and strategic plans, and
- Compiling and reporting measurements and statistics related to web content using web analytics.
The candidate will possess strong organization, good judgement, analytical, conceptual thinking, problem solving, and information seeking skills. The candidate will be innovative and resourceful to envision, design and support a large and dynamic organization's website. We are looking for an ambitious and creatively talented candidate with the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as web design or programming
- Minimum two years of related web design and administration experience
- Strong working knowledge of computers in the following: MS Windows and Apple/Mac operating systems, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Adobe suite of products
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP security clearance
- Availability to work evenings and weekends to monitor the media or update the website if necessary
- Experience within the communications or Information Technology sections of a BC-based law enforcement agency would be an asset.
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2014.