The SEO Writer & Content Manager will be responsible for editing and writing original web copy; analyzing, reviewing and directing content changes; and making changes to web sites so they are properly optimized for search engines. This manager will be responsible for editing and writing final web copy, keyword analysis and identifying proper keywords for SEO implementation. This role will also work closely with leads, conversions and sales to monitor website performance.
This role will do hands-on optimization work, including: content updates, html code changes, site architecture audits, and content and keyword research. This role will also need to be able to perform extensive analysis on keywords and manage the keyword portfolio across all regional websites.
Accountabilities Will Include:
- Implementation of and management of overall content strategy and SEO best practices across all Absolute Software web marketing websites.
- Ongoing analysis of competitor websites to test different search engine marketing and website design ideas to improve SEO for the Absolute Software’s wesites.
- Identifying areas for improvement and change relative to SEO and website content.
- Develop website content to include strategic key phrase placement within compelling copy that maximizes opportunities for indexing, ranking, click-through, and conversion.
- Create original content while including necessary keywords, titles and descriptions to improve the SEO performance of a site.
- Responsible for implementing different strategies such as changing keywords, meta tags, copy on website and implementing editorial improvements to meet the online objectives and desired targeted organic search positions.
What You’ll Need:
- Prior SEO or SEM experience required. Please submit examples of sites optimized with your resume.
- Experience working with global content translation, localization and syndication.
- Experience working with Omniture Sitecatalyst.
- Knowledge of: HTML, CSS, and other common programming languages are necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of web experience desired.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills needed. Strong command of English language, while understanding software industry terms and marketing language.
- MS OFFICE skills required.
- Analytical thinker, natural problem solver, self-motivated and able to multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works well under pressure and can work under tight deadlines.
Why Work For Us:
We are one of the biggest software companies headquartered in downtown Vancouver. We are an award-winning employer of choice recognized as one of the Top Small and Medium Sized Employers in Canada and one of the British Columbia’s Top Employers. Our office is located in the financial district where we have great views and are close to public transit, shops and restaurants. We encourage career growth from within and promote people internally. Absolute is an exciting and fun place to work with great social events & holiday parties and company sponsored sports teams such as soccer, hockey, cycling and softball. Our kitchen is fully stocked with free pop & gourmet coffee, fresh fruit delivered every Monday and free pizza every month. Employees can also take a timeout in our newly decorated and awesome chill room. To learn more about what it’s like to work at Absolute, please visit the careers section of our website at www.absolute.com.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.