The Web Communications Coordinator plans, develops and coordinates effective web content and provides tactical direction and guidance to internal clients on the use of the web as a key communications medium. Responsibilities include writing clear language content, editing and proofreading web copy, and assisting in the development and maintenance of the Niagara Region website: www.niagararegion.ca.
The scope of this position includes the authority to approve and decline content prepared or requested by staff to be posted to the website. The candidate has a clear sense of how to present information on the web, write specifically for web-based audiences, and how to develop web communications consistently with print and other media. The candidate is able to research and conduct appropriate interviews to gather information for various writing and editing projects; prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously; and coordinate the determination and creation of copy requirements.
The Web Content Coordinator is a member of the Corporate Communications team, and works closely with internal clients, communications specialists, the Web Administration staff, specifically web content analysts, and graphics designers to produce effective internet and social media communications, as well as regular updating and editing of content in compliance with corporate internet policies. The Web Communications Coordinator is a member of the Crisis Communications Response Team; apply specific knowledge of social media and online communications in the event of an emergency.
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or Business Administration or related discipline is required.
- Minimum three years’ work experience writing for the web is required.
- Must have experience writing web content as well as excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Clear understanding and knowledge of how to communicate effectively with the website and social media audiences.
- Project management experience is required.
- Familiarity with regional government is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the regional government decision-making process.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a diverse range of disciplines in a customer service environment.
- A working knowledge of the Canadian Press Style guides
- Demonstrated ability to use the back-end administration panels of Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Understanding of hypertext mark-up language (HTML), FTP and other web technologies
- Well developed writing skills and demonstrated ability to apply the principles of web technologies to support and enhance a wide variety of communications initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams producing innovative designs and strategies.
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and to work to overlapping deadlines is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent writing skills, with emphasis on clear language, are essential.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple projects, are required.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent word processing and general office automation skills.
Currently scheduled 35 hours per week 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.