Web Application Developer full-time
Web Application Developer
Are you passionate about clean standards-based, user-friendly web applications/data-driven websites and able to build robust, accessible front-end code that conforms to current web standards? Are you interested in working in a creative atmosphere with smart people who are delivering the best work possible for our clients, which include well-recognized, world-leading Fortune 100 companies? If so, Quarry Integrated Communications might be the place for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and continually improve upon existing LAMP-stack based hosting infrastructure, including existing hosted websites.
- Work with Front-end developers to implement full-service CMS and/or web application installations, including integrations with third party tools/systems, SSO platforms, SaaS providers and other data-driven web services.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Digital team to recommend and implement customized technology stacks that solve for use case scenarios and support an overall end-user experience.
- Interface directly with client-based and/or thirdparty IT departments to collaborate on joint infrastructure setup and maintenance needs.
- Maintain and improve upon legacy code of existing sites.
- Assist in building responsive and elegant cross-browser user interfaces for a range of sites with our team in a fast-paced environment.
- Translate visual design comps into standards-based, accessible code that is search engine optimized.
- Manage multiple projects and deliver them on time, to spec and with an appropriate level of communication.
What we’re seeking:
- Expertise in the PHP server-side language, with experience in other languages like Python or Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as CodeIgnitor and/or Laravel.
- Expertise in LAMP-stack server administration, with CentOS/Redhat-specific experience a plus.
- Expertise in relational database design and management, primarily using MySQL, with MariaDB, SQLite and PostgreSQL experience a plus.
- Expertise in the Git version control system, including specific experience with Github and/or Github Enterprise, branch management, working with/across multiple Github Organizations and using Github webhooks to automate various aspects of code promotion across multiple development environments a plus.
- An understanding of usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibility and semantic markup.
- Experience with Mobile First, Progressively Enhanced Responsive Web Design.
- Experience with Mobile Web Development.
- Proficiency with Mas OS X and Adobe Creative Suite.
Quarry is the buyer experience agency for savvy marketers who want to transform their brands. Our clients span a broad range of industries and audiences, with one element in common: all market highly engineered goods and services across a complex buying journey.