We365 Adoption Manager full-time
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries.
Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities foryoung employees!
Free The Children seeks a dynamic and committed We365 Adoption Manager to join our We365 Team. The We365 Adoption Manager serves to design and implement a strategic plan for adoption of a new website and app that will engage youth with a desire to create change. The We365 Adoption Manager will work under the leadership of the Associate Director of New Media Development.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto, Canada. Salary is to be negotiated and there is a six (6) month probationary period. Upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan
including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Planning and Executing Adoption Strategy
Proportion of Time Spend per week: 65%
- Reports to and takes direction from the Associate Director of New Media Development to design and implement a robust strategic plan for adoption of We365 to meet a September launch
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to establish and implement individual adoption strategies for independent teams
- Conduct research into target markets’ needs, preferences and expectations to allow for targeted communications throughout implementation of the adoption strategy
- Creation of innovative and driven approaches which foster widespread adoption of We365
- Writes documents and plans that evoke the goals, objectives, targets and tactics of the adoption strategy
Operations, Training and Reporting:
Proportion of Time Spent 15%
- Measures and communicates success of the adoption strategy
- Meets powerful targets and deadlines in an effective way
- Motivates internal individuals to embrace the app and foster adoption among their external stakeholders
- Conduct internal trainings to guarantee internal knowledge and understanding of We365
- Course corrects strategic plan as dictated by external factors and project changes
- Clearly communicate any project risks or challenges which need to be addressed
External Stakeholder Engagement
Proportion of Time Spent: 20%
- Meet with external stakeholder groups including school boards & divisions, teachers groups, and companies to develop partnerships which will drive further engagement with the platform
- Meet with external stakeholder charities and organizations, developing partnerships and communicating the project vision in a way that aligns with their values and mandate
- Communicate the key takeaways and partnership evolutions of external stakeholder engagement to the Associate Director of New Media Development
Proportion of Time Spent: 5%
- Contribute to discussion with We365 team to establish creative direction, define the user experience and troubleshoot challenges as a collaborative team
- Communicate effectively with the WE365 core team in a productive and collaborative way
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in professional setting
- Bachelors Degree or commensurate experience
- Experience in external engagement (relationship management, sales) highly desirable
- Experience in Managing a team prefered
- Driven and solution-oriented approach to projects
- Demonstrated success in project management and motivating individuals
- Ability to meet deadlines and reach deliverables with success
- Demonstrated aptitudes in research and writing
- Exceptionally communicative approach with strong communication skills in internal liaising
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting
- Outstanding work ethic
- Positive attitude, high energy, flexible and enthusiastic
What makes Free The Children unique..
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.