VP, Product Marketing full-time
Join the Vision Critical team
A colossal revolution is happening in the way organizations engage with their customers and Vision Critical is leading the charge. We provide technology and expertise for our clients to build and manage online insights communities, engaging with their own consumers and stakeholders on a regular basis through the use of online surveys, discussions, videos and 3D simulations. Our client base includes one third of the world’s top 100 brands and our top-notch professionals are spread across the globe in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia and South Africa. And we are getting recognized for our hard work: Vision Critical is amongst Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50, BC’s Top Employers and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People. Join our team!
About The Role
Vision Critical is looking for top talent in product and solution marketing to join our diverse and integrated team of marketers, thought leaders and product experts. This is a tremendous opportunity to help forge the product identity of one of Vancouver’s best-known technology companies.
Are you a B2B tech marketer looking to advance your career? Are you ready to face the challenge of an industry that is maturing as rapidly as it is changing? Do you have the proven ability to get B2B customers to discover, understand and embrace your cutting-edge solutions? If so, then the VP of Product Marketing role could be for you.
- Identify and fill gaps in sales cycle support with new & unique tools for getting and keeping Vision Critical solutions in front of prospective buyers and influencers
- Own the pricing, packaging and bundling of our solution suite
- Deeply understand the challenges of our customers and prospects and work with the Product Management team to develop and maintain a library of our user and buyer personas
- Develop and sustain on-going product awareness & training for Sales and Channel partners
- Provide sales team with the tools and language to articulate the value proposition of Vision Critical solutions for key industries we serve
- Work closely with the Events Manager to ensure smooth execution of Vision Critical product-related webinars
- Identify and develop content to be used by Field Marketing and PR to generate solution-focused awareness and leads – case studies, white papers, blog posts, etc.
- Build and elevate our solution-level positioning with current benefits and market-friendly language
- Manage internal distribution for all sales collateral (product intranet)
- Alongside Sales and Product Management, manage Vision Critical’s competitive intelligence efforts, including gathering and internal distribution of key competitive information
- Manage and develop ongoing relationships with market analyst firms to raise awareness of our company, understand forces influencing our industry and share key analyst guidance and feedback to the rest of our organization
- Work collaboratively and productively with people from across the organization, from R&D to product management, from Client Services to Sales, marketing and the channel
- Serve as a point of contact for product feedback from clients and users
- Track industry trends and articulate the Vision Critical approach and relationship with those shifts to internal teams and clients
- Minimum 7 years in a B2B product marketing role with a technology company
- 3 - 5 years of marketing experience with a good mix of marcomms and lead gen activity
- Killer business writing skills: the ability to paint a crystal-clear picture with words and inspire excitement and action
- Dabbled in Sales? Fantastic. If you haven’t, demonstrate how you’ve worked closely with a Sales team in a marketing and/or sales support capacity
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or communications
- MBA an asset
- Experience with a multinational organization a strong asset
- Comfortable presenting via web/teleconference and live to internal and external groups
- Creative, entrepreneurial problem-solving skills
- A knack for gathering effective competitive intelligence
- Comfortable – no, at home – in the social interweb; able to mingle online with the right people (customers, partners, thought leaders, prospects) and help deliver Vision Critical’s product messaging to those who need to know it