Position reports to: President and CEO
Vecima Networks Inc. is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products, employing approximately 500 people. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet service, and Telematics services in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fuelled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and implement a global marketing strategy for Vecima’s cable products
- Oversee market research and competitive intelligence
- Develop an understanding of current and potential customers to help acquire new customers
- Build a solid product planning process that engages and leverages other key functional leaders of the company (e.g., Engineering, Sales, and Business Development)
- Work with Sales to optimize our go-to-market strategies
- Develop clear product plans that support the strategic direction of the company
- Build and manage a team of product management and marketing personnel
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Ability to clearly articulate a market space and position a product/company into the “magic quadrant” with appropriate research data
- Demonstrated leadership success building teams, enabling sales and successfully launching and managing new products
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to interface at all levels both internally and externally
- Understanding of strategic sales (multi-departmental sell, long cycle, capital budget items)
- Ability to influence others and work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Ability to bring financial analysis to complex product decisions
- Technical depth to define priorities and trade-offs with a strong engineering team
- Must be able and willing to travel on a regular basis
Highly Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 10+ years of marketing and product management experience in a fast-growing environment with significant knowledge of process management, product development methodologies (gating, MRDs/PRDs) and business case development for new products & services
- Has successfully positioned at least one high-tech company as a leader in the market
- Experience within the networking, MSO and service provider markets will be a bonus
- A track record of relationship-building among industry media and analyst community
- Prior work experience in a global role a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- MBA highly preferred
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as VP Marketing, we want to hear from you!
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.