Kinaxis™ is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include RIM, Asics, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to be part of an industry leading team, then Kinaxis is the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding. We are currently looking for:
Visual Interaction UX Designer
- Work closely with UX designers, product management and development teams to produce beautiful, inspiring, engaging and highly usable product features.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, conceptual diagrams, visual mockups and prototypes for new product initiatives and features.
- Assist the development team during product envisioning and development. Contribute effectively to an Agile development environment.
- Research the latest in design best practices, online trends and provide recommendations.
- Usability test product designs.
- Create graphics and icons for use in product. Love every pixel.
- 2 years’ experience designing software user interfaces.
- Diploma or degree in Human Computer Interaction, User Interface Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interactive Multimedia and Design, Video Game Design, Fine Arts or equivalent experience.
- Strong visual design and layout skills
- Strong UX prototyping skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative, intuitive, pixel-perfect designs.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience designing web applications, video games or mobile tablet and smartphone applications is a definite plus
- Knowledge of user interface design principles such as: user interface design patterns, best practices, information architecture and platform design guidelines
- Experience with emerging user interface design practices such as: responsive design, gamification and mobile application design patterns
- Expertise with CSS3 / HTML5
- Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator or other graphics package
- Experience with data visualization or data analysis products