You’re standing in front of your desk and gesturing wildly. The sun from the window glints off the frames of your glasses and momentarily casts a rainbow over the faces of your peers standing in front of you. You pause and smile, fully aware that this heavenly arrangement isn’t a dream. They stand here for you, ready to critique your latest designs.
We’re looking for a sparkling new Designer to help us with our marketing projects (that means websites, banners, tshirts, hot air balloons and whatever else might grab attention). If you’ve proven yourself in the world or you're just full of ambition and fresh out of design school, we want you to join our growing and award-winning team so we can continue to help small business owners change the world.
The design team at FreshBooks, which you will be a key player on, is responsible for researching, defining, delivering, and testing products and communications for small business owners that help them get paid for the work they love to do. We allow these fine folks to do what they do best by taking the headache out of bookkeeping and accounting, making it so simple for them that they forget it was ever a pain.
Here’s what we can offer:
Make an impact that makes a difference
FreshBooks is a stable and prosperous startup founded in 2003 that has helped thousands of small businesses get paid billions of dollars for the work they love to do. Join one of Canada’s leading and award winning design teams, cheerfully focused on making the lives of our hard working customers better.
Work on a brand that millions of people use
Focus your efforts in one place and bask in the satisfaction of personally crafting design work that gets seen by millions people. Your work at FreshBooks is work you will own, improve upon, and learn from every day.
Never stop growing
We believe that there is always more to learn. A job at FreshBooks includes access to a group of passionate peers engaged in their work that is second to none. Every job on the FreshBooks design team comes with free admission to the FreshBooks School of Design where we regularly engage in book clubs, hands on workshops, lectures, design challenges and critiques. Design is really important to us!
An environment you can be proud of
Work in an awe-inspiring, creative work environment in Toronto’s trendy west end. Enjoy a workplace full of laughter where no one is ever too busy for a game of ping-pong, or a ruthless game of trampoline dodgeball (yes, you read correctly and we have the scars to show for it).
In return for this opportunity, here’s what we’ll expect you to deliver:
- Take marketing concepts and strategy and turn them into compelling, conversion-oriented designs and advertising communications that help continue to connect millions of small businesses with our product.
- Take a critical user-centric “design thinking” approach to creative problem solving.
- Work with our team collaboratively to build industry leading websites, print ads and other marketing design related work.
- Be prepared to take your passion for design and apply it at every level, from a business card all the way up to a website re-design.
We need you to have:
- 1-5 years of industry experience.
- A strong portfolio including digital and print work and a healthy curiosity and ambition for everything else.
- Real world experience or equivalent education making and maintaining design decisions for consumer class digital and non-digital marketing initiatives.
- Copywriting experience in advertising contexts.
- Experience working with and establishing design guidelines.
We hope you have:
- Experience with user-centric design principles (user research, user testing etc.)
- Experience with direct marketing principles.
- A straightforward design approach with a sincere desire to create fun and playful design experiences.
- A sense of humor and irreverence.
- A quirky hobby.