Video Production Coordinator full-time
Kal Tire is a Canadian company that was founded in 1953 and has grown to become Canada’s largest independent tire dealer. Based in Vernon, BC, Kal Tire has flourished by focusing on customer service and teamwork. Kal Tire’s key differentiator is its 5000+ Kal Tire team members who are committed to exceeding the customer’s expectations with the best technical skills, quality products, competitive prices and exceptional service available anywhere.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Video Production Coordinator to join our Communications team based in our office in Vernon, BC. The Video Production Coordinator is responsible for working with the Video/Multi-Media Producer in all aspects of video production including scripting and directing videos, shooting and editing footage and ensuring all video products meet Kal Tire standards of branding, image and quality. The individual in this role will work collaboratively with key stakeholders and production partners in order to deliver product that meets their requirements. Some travel will be required along with the ability to work autonomously on many projects.
Video Development and Production
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders throughout Kal Tire to conceptualize and execute video projects
- Develop and write scripts that meet project messaging requirements
- Develop shot lists and storyboards as required per project
- Assist with location scouting for video projects
- Direct, light and shoot video as required
- Record on-set audio for video projects as required
- Travel, if required, to multiple locations to shoot video footage
- Complete other related projects and duties as required
- Edit video footage, utilizing a non-linear editing system, to meet the story requirements of video projects, delivering a high standard of quality and pacing
- Source music and voice-over talent for video projects
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and production partners to ensure video projects delivered meet their requirements
- Balance and mix audio and colour correct project for final video delivery
- Ensure the final product meets Kal Tire’s standards of branding, image and quality
- Produce end product for viewing and delivery via various methods (i.e. DVD, Encoded video files, etc.)
Kal Tire Media Equipment & Storage
- Maintain and organize video footage and related files on a project-to-project basis
- Assess project needs and source appropriate video equipment for individual projects
- Assist in maintaining production equipment and supplies
- 2+ years’ experience directing, shooting and editing online video productions
- Experience writing and scripting short video productions
- Experience with video production equipment and setting up a video production studio
- Knowledge of video editing, online video formats and related technologies
- Able to plan and manage communications with key stakeholders and production partners
- Able to understand the business strategy and align video production activities accordingly
- Diploma in Digital Film & Video and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demo reel and/or multiple examples of work
- Willingness to travel
A detailed job description and list of qualifications along with further information regarding Kal Tire may be viewed on our website at kaltire.com/careers.
Kal Tire offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a company-wide profit sharing plan that recognizes individual and team contributions.