Reporting to the Director of Digital Media and working under the supervision of the Content Manager, the Video Producer will be a key member of the content team contributing to Indie88’s content strategy by executing short-form music and lifestyle videos. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated creative who takes pride in owning the content creation process from start to finish. The Video Producer will be tuned into local music and culture and among the first to know what is happening to Toronto.
The Video Producer will leverage their proven track record developing, executing, and distributing digital video to help Indie88 continue to be a leader in content creation. An understanding of what it takes to create meaningful and engaging story-telling using video will be critical to succeed in this role. The producer will be responsible for sourcing stories and concepts around music and lifestyle and then setting out to quickly execute highly engaging short-form videos.
The successful candidate will love collaborating and thrive in a team setting while being able to direct and manage talent on shoots when called for. The Video Producer will be a meticulous planner including demonstrating skill creating effectives pitches, creative briefs, story boards, and shot lists. Looking at trends in video production and consumption will be very important to succeed in this role and the Video Producer will be responsible for keeping up to date with changes in technology and algorithms including (but not limited to) YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and SnapChat
- Develop and execute story concepts for short form videos
- Lead production during select shoots including shooting, basic lighting, directing, and interviews
- Prepare all and deliver all finished assets to the Content Manager for distribution
- Reviewing video analytics and making recommendations
- Natural story-teller with knowledge of the story-making process including briefs, story boards/beats, shot lists and post production workflow
- Highly proficient using YouTube and Facebook video
- Must be highly proficient with DSLR video (Canon) and basic lighting.
- Must be highly proficient with Adobe Premiere
- Must be proficient with Adobe After Effects and other Adobe products
30% -- Research and Planning
- Discovering story opportunities
- Developing ideas and storyboards
- Pitching ideas and getting approval
- Securing permits and location (with help from Content Manager)
40% -- Shooting
- Capturing video content both at station and on-location
30% -- Editing
- Finalizing videos for release across channels including graphic assets for website and social media.