VP Womens Brand.
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Brand & Community
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Brand & Community, the Brand Director, Women’s Product will collaborate with the Women’s Product Team to shape our product branding strategies, product stories and communication, as well as our product education.
a day in the life of the Brand Director, Women’s Product
The VP Womens Brand will support the Head of Women’s Product and sit on a cross-functional leadership team comprised of Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Planning, etc. This person will have a deep understanding of Brand and the role Brand plays in the technical design of our products. This person will participate and contribute to all key Product Team meetings (ie line planning, meltdowns, kick-offs, buy reviews, etc).
Specifically, VP Womens Brand is accountable for the following:
- developing the product branding strategies across categories
- identifying the priority women’s product stories for the Brand team
- collaborating with the Brand Team to create the brand calendar and the full brand positioning/story for big product ideas/launches
- identification of functional benefits/need gaps in the market
- developing and owning the product education and process for women’s product
- insuring that Community feedback is routinely provided on design and wear/performance testing
- monitoring guest & educator feedback & providing implications to the Women’s Product leadership team
- developing branding and IP for key fabrics, garments, etc.
The finer print
- minimum 10+ years' experience in the product marketing field with a high profile, globally branded organization (technical apparel experience is a plus)
- Successful experience in a senior level management position with proven ability developing and managing a team
- Consumer Brand Management experience with a youthful, cutting edge, influential brand
- Proven success developing innovative brand positioning and communication
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Excellent managerial skills, with a reputation for being flexible, energetic, hard working, inspirational, enthusiastic
- Capacity to work effectively with a wide range of people, build relationships, be diplomatic, and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the dynamics of a complex organization
- Proven ability to effectively work across a matrix environment with results
- Effective written and communication skills
- Ability to balance creativity, innovation and bottom line business needs
- Willingness to participate and grow in a cutting edge entrepreneurial atmosphere, with the stability and resources of a large organization
- International experience is a plus