Vice-President, PR & Communications
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0013)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
We’re looking for a trailblazer who will enhance our global/local brand resonance and elevate our position in the media landscape. Beyond your communications saavy you have a strong passion for developing your people. You’re driven by collaboration, building positive relationships, and know how to create the conditions for your people to thrive. You have deep brand love, appreciate the opportunity to raise your game and actively pursue the sweatlife.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the pr & communications vision, planning and strategy overseeing Global Public Relations, Corporate Communications and Global Editorial
- Serve as communications counsel to executive management and brand teams
- Serves as key lead in Issue Management and Crisis Communications strategic planning
- Lead a team of 13 plus agency partners
- Build strategic plans for brand, product and community initiatives including flagship openings, product launches, social impact, media summits and brand experiences
- Develop executive communications strategies for CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Leads the strategy for internal communications
- Support global public relations function in new international markets including Australia, Korea, UK and China
- Leads vision and strategy for internal communication and is a key support for cross functional partners including sustainability, leadership & development, social impact and store communications
- Oversees Global Editorial team responsible for brand story-telling on our key digital channels including lululemon.com
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Bachelors degree in communications or related discipline required. MBA or Masters level post graduate study preferred.
- 10 + experience in Public Relations with a luxury/premium brand.
- Product, Apparel and Retail experience required.
- 8+ years Successful experience in a senior leadership position, ability to present at all levels and a natural ability to lead, large diverse teams across matrix global organization.
- Excellent people development skills, with strong experience successfully developing managers and directors.
- Willingness to participate and grow in a cutting edge entrepreneurial atmosphere, with the stability and resources of a large organization
- Excellent presentation and effective, enrolling communication skills.
- Innovation, Foresight and comfort in “whitespace” environment with ability to identify opportunities and lead teams to new business, brand opportunities and enhance existing businesses and brands.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.