Role: Vice President, Marketing (NOC 0016)
Benefits (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) and may be eligible for bonuses and salary increases, if applicable
Hours: 45 hours/week, Permanent
Location of work: Aritzia Support Office (#118-611 Alexander St. Vancouver, BC, V6A 1E1)
Number of positions: 1
As the Vice President, Marketing, you will lead and motivate the teams responsible for defining and driving the promotion of Aritzia. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring a cohesive experience that drives customer acquisition, activation, retention and reactivation across our online and offline channels. And, with people at the heart of everything you do, you will support your high-potential people to grow rewarding careers at Aritzia—while enjoying one yourself.
1. CHANNEL MANAGEMENT
To deliver marketing initiatives that drive customer acquisition, activation, retention and reactivation.
a) Retail Marketing - Attract new customers, build enduring relationships, and drive conversion through an elevated in-store experience.
b) eCommerce Marketing - Attract new customers, build enduring relationships, and drive conversion through an elevated eCommerce experience.
c) Influencer - Build a tribe of brand advocates that engage and inspire our customers.
d) Social Media - Build and engage a tribe of followers that support conversion on our social platforms, in our stores and on Aritzia.com
e) Earned Media - Build extraordinary media relationships to drive brand awareness.
f) Direct to Customer - Engage our subscribers through personalized and relevant content, driving qualified traffic to stores and Aritzia.com
g) Special Events - Create events that inspire our clients, excite our staff and position Aritzia as a world-class destination.
h) Product Marketing - Position and drive the promotion of Aritzia’s product.
i) Paid - Reach new and existing clients with targeted content, accelerating brand awareness and driving qualified traffic to stores and Aritzia.com
2. DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
Work with the appropriate Business Support partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience
a) People Management – Lead and advance our people, maximizing their results through the 10 areas: Planning, Hiring, Onboarding, Evaluating, Developing, Engaging, Scheduling, Compensating, Transitioning, and Relating
b) Operations Management – Lead the day-to-day department priorities and net new initiatives by championing quality output, encouraging timely results, implementing a methodical approach, and setting up clear accountability across the team
c) Technology Management – Set the standard for high quality data management, ensure current systems are maintained and continuously improved, and identify, evaluate, and drive opportunities to secure future investments in technology
d) Finance Management – Lead the team to proactively maximize the department's financial performance, strategically leading opportunities to drive revenue growth and capitalize on smart spending opportunities
e) Analytics Management – Leverage reporting to identify opportunities, predict future outcomes, and improve the department's and organization's performance
Throughout the course of employment, additional duties and responsibilities may be amended as required.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Marketing will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, economics or related field
- 8 -10 years of senior leadership experience in fashion marketing and brand management
- Experience in leading and managing large teams and budgets
- Strong background and proven experience in digital and online marketing strategies - including eCommerce, social media, and mobile in the fashion and apparel industry
- Extensive experience in successfully integrating offline and traditional marketing strategies with emerging digital strategies to create a seamless customer experience across channels
- Extensive experience with hands-on technical and tactical execution of online marketing tactics and analytics
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics and learn new technologies
- Experience in negotiating successful partnerships and contractual agreements
- Strong leadership skills; proven ability to work cross functionally and within an executive leadership team
- Ability to manage at both the strategic and operational level; superior strategic planning and organizational skills with a hands-on execution style
- Strong problem solving, decision making and delegation capabilities
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills