Marketing leadership opportunities like this don’t come up every day. Steve Nash Sports Club and Fitness World is forging a clear path toward the next level of integrated fitness and wellness experiences. They have already created the best fitness offering in BC, but that’s just a start. They’re on a mission to bring together the things they do well — fitness, club design, entertainment, and understanding customer needs — to help more people experience the benefits (and enjoyment) of a regular fitness regime in the busyness of their life. They are also about to bring the iconic UFC Gym brand to Canada.
Imagine if you could leverage all of your marketing experience and smarts and apply them to a company that’s just the right size: small enough that you can have a massive impact (and truly build and lead the marketing team), yet large enough that they’re already best of class with an unrivaled track record in this market. Sounds good, right?
The Vice President, Marketing position at Steve Nash Fitness World and Sports Club is a career opportunity for a smart, experienced marketer, to employ their leadership expertise and judgment to drive decisions and projects that will significantly impact the company’s future (and many people’s health along the way). Steve Nash Sports Clubs are growing at a rate that will excite a results-oriented marketer with a passion for impacting bottom lines (no pun intended). They are doing so in a dynamic market with tons of potential, in an environment that highly values winning, results, and fun along the way. And, on the horizon, they have some fascinating opportunities and challenges that their newly minted VP will be instrumental in unlocking. Oh, we should mention, for the right person there may be some (meaningful) equity on the table.
About Steve Nash Fitness World + Sports Club
Steve Nash Sports Club launched in Downtown Vancouver in 2007 and today the brand new state-of-the-art club redefined the standard for gyms in BC. To keep up with demand for more locations, Steve Nash Sports Club merged with Fitness World in 2009, creating the Steve Nash Fitness World and Sports Club brand. Now with 19 locations (and growing), plans to bring UFC Gym to BC, and over 50 years of experience in the fitness industry, their dedication to their members is unsurpassed.
You are strategic, organized, and analytical. You also know how to craft creative campaigns that generate visitor traffic. Multi-tasking comes easily; you thrive within a flurry of activity. You do your best work when you are passionately committed to growing a brand, and in dogged pursuit of delivering results. You definitely #StandApart. People describe you as having the "It" factor and you generally become the ‘go-to' person on any leadership team. Influence is your middle name — you know how to pull the best out of a team. In fact, several people who have reported to you would look to do so again. You have a proven track record delivering compelling marketing campaigns and you can back that up by clearly articulating the respective results. Bottom line, you can provide the ‘Professional Proof' to back up your bold claims of marketing excellence and, oh yes, your ego doesn't interfere with your efficacy.
If the above sounds like you, then consider this exciting leadership opportunity with BC's most iconic fitness and personal training brand.
As VP Marketing, you will direct and implement marketing objectives, plans, and campaigns to support membership and services targets across the company's locations. You will also lead a team of talented individuals to deliver a wide range of compelling integrated, multi-channel marketing programs that include: direct marketing, advertising, promotions, sponsorship, event marketing, and PR. Close collaboration with the Sales teams is key for success.
- Develop and direct an annual strategic marketing plan
- Create, implement, and track integrated marketing campaigns that resonate with target consumers and support membership, personal training, group fitness, and retail targets
- Manage an annual marketing budget to maximize exposure and reach
- Mentor and lead a talented team of seven creative, marketing and event professionals
- Foster a strong relationship with agency partners
- Generate awareness and traffic for Grand Openings
- Leverage partnerships with organizations, such as the Vancouver Canucks and WhiteCaps
- Elevate the Steve Nash brand and position in the market
- Oversee creative direction, including visual branding, campaign graphics, and photoshoots
- Manage digital properties, including the corporate blog and website, with a key focus on driving guest traffic
- Conduct ROI analysis on key initiatives
- Monitor and address feedback on marketing programs
- 15+ years of B2C marketing experience, with at least 7 years in team leadership
- Proven track record in delivering campaigns that generate visitor traffic
- Deep experience in driving both traditional and digital marketing campaigns
- Exceptional analytical skills and consumer insights
- Passion for fitness
- Creative mindset
- Experience in sponsorship activity and community engagement
- Strong influence, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Post-secondary degree in marketing or a related field
- Proactive communicator and collaborator who is highly organized
- Experience with a member-driven organizations a strong asset
- Commitment to self-improvement and continuous learning