Want to design apps used by millions of users everyday? We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to create unique and fun user experiences used by millions every day! As a UX Designer, you will have a unique opportunity to drive the design of our applications, and meaningfully impact our product vision.
Plentyoffish Media, the world leader in online dating with 39 million members and growing is looking for a UX Designer to join our team. Come join our team of driven and passionate professionals and become a part of a recognized and cutting-edge company!
So, what will you do?
- Work with a talented team of developers and designers to create apps that encourage social interactions and help form real relationships.
- Work with project teams to clearly define user experience requirements - user scenarios, user journeys, and content strategy.
- Design world class apps, used by millions of users across the globe every day.
- Deliver easy-to-use customer experiences that measurably add business value - using research, testing and analysis and developing UX concepts, flows, architectures and wireframes.
- Maintain and enhance the experience design aspects of existing and ongoing projects.
- Mentor junior team members to grow and hone their skills to unleash their best work.
- Participate in a highly collaborative environment, we want you to share your expertise, making everyone else better and facilitating constant learning.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Human Factors, Interaction Design or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Strong online portfolio that showcases a deep understanding of visual design principles.
- 5+ years professional experience in designing compelling and unique applications
- Experience working with either Android or iPhone (both preferred)
- Strong visual design skills
- Understanding of design guidelines for touch enabled platforms.
- Experience in user research and analysis, including A/B testing, focus groups and usability testing is essential.
- Capable of multi-tasking and ability to manage projects
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus under pressure and deal with ambiguity.
- You’re a user of Plenty of Fish. Maybe you’ve even met your significant other on pof!
- Experience in the social networking, dating, or other subscription-based business.
What’s it like to work at Plenty of Fish?
- We have a fun and casual culture
- We have monthly outings to local restaurants and our Christmas party is legendary!
- Our office is stocked with snack and beverages
- Great downtown location with easy access to transit
- Awesome state-of-the-art office with fantastic views