Due to strong growth and an exciting product roadmap, Recognia is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer for a full-time position in Ottawa. You will be part of a fun, flexible, collaborative work environment and your designs will be used by hundreds of thousands of investors and traders worldwide.
What is needed to succeed?
As a UX designer, you will be an integral part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team responsible for creating web applications and related products that help online brokers engage their account holders in a positive investing experience.
You will help the organization during its shift to user centered design of its existing product portfolio. Most of your time will be spent on the creative front end of understanding investor/trader challenges and product strategy, and iteratively designing engaging UI solutions to execute the product roadmap. You have a penchant for innovation.
As part of the product management team, you will interact with online brokers and self-directed investors; you will collaborate with marketing and sales; you will work with back-end engineers and you will work closely with front-end web developers to transform concepts to wireframes to design to production.
Being a self-motivated, well organized individual with a commitment to quality and an exceptional eye for detail gives you the ability to communicate and to help ensure our products go out with their best foot forward.
What technical knowledge will allow you great success?
- Experienced with user centered design for complex software solutions, including exposure to web and mobility
- Ability to create product wireframes, to transform to complete/styled designs that developers can implement, and to do some light prototyping e.g. with HTML/CSS
- Resourcefulness and talent to produce graphic elements.
- University degree in graphic design, fine art, industrial design or related degree is preferred.
- Strong design portfolio for web application design, preferably with mobile, app, touchscreen experience as well.
- Strong team work and collaborative abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple technical areas, in particular the software development cycle and internet related technologies.