We’re on the lookout for highly talented designers with a passion for technology and communications, to come join our growing team of instructors and in-house creative crew in Vancouver.
We look for people with a passion for sharing their knowledge who have significant real-world experience. Educational experience is a bonus, but all of our instructional team receive in-depth training in the latest instructional and educational approaches, and so this is much less important than your attitude, knowledge and portfolio.
You will be joining a team of designers to help shape and deliver our new UI & Communication Design Program, while working closely with a team of other instructors to help deliver a world-class curriculum. In parallel, you will also be joining RED Academy’s in-house creative and marketing team, working on a range of campaigns and side projects.
Our classes are taught in small teams with a ratio of 6:1 students per instructor. The programs are designed to be radically relevant to the web world of today with personalized, applied learning content, working on real-world web projects from our network of partners.
In short, working at RED is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Aside from the deeply rewarding work of teaching, we offer 4 weeks paid holiday, and everyone in our team spends 20% of their time working on personal and community projects that you get to choose, so that your skills stay sharp and at the forefront of the industry.
We believe in autonomy, and so our people get to drive their own role, while we provide mentoring, training and personal development so you are building a career path you love and can truly connect with.
Above all, we are committed to providing a deeply engaging, truly dynamic and highly rewarding work environment, where our team can thrive and find the highest possible levels of personal and professional fulfillment and satisfaction.
And best of all - all of our people share a deep passion for what they do: for design and technology, and finding the most forward-thinking ways of delivering a truly world-class learning experience for our students, all of which makes RED an amazing place to work.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in graphic design with a focus on digital.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: typography, colour theory, composition, user experience design, user interface design, prototyping, ideation, digital marketing, app & responsive web design, and HTML/CSS.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating, delivering and teaching the immersive full time education program.
- To work closely with other members of the instructional and operations team to develop our learning programs and curriculum to ensure we are providing the highest possible quality of learning experience to our students.
- To work with the creative and marketing team to develop campaigns and design assets for RED Academy.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of instructor-to-student feedback during the student’s learning program.
- To assist with student admissions processes and policies where relevant, and support the ongoing management of student records, assessments, evaluations, certification processes and policies.
- Communicating and negotiating with third party partners, associations and suppliers to help us deliver the best possible learning experience to our students.
- To help develop new learning programs, curricula and learning approaches to ensure we continue to offer the most relevant, engaging learning experiences to our students that will help both students succeed in their chosen career paths.
- To work with the rest of the team at RED to research and develop our educational approaches, facilities, learning materials and technologies on an ongoing basis to ensure that we remain at the forefront, and provide the highest possible quality of education to our students.
As an Instructor, you will need to have a deep understanding of the subject matter and be able to effectively deliver and teach this to our students. Instructional experience in a technology related subject is a big plus, but the most important thing is being a great fit with our values, to be comfortable in a people facing role, and have a real passion for all things related to technology and education.
If you are interested in this role, please contact us with your resume and a cover letter, providing 3 key reasons why you feel you would be the perfect fit.