Executes annual marketing plans for commercial premium brands, consistent with the Company’s growth and profit objectives.
- Reports directly to the Marketing Manager.
- Work with experiential agency to build and execute programs.
- Create, source and execute provincial trade programs for On Premise, Retail and National Accounts, as well as adapting and delivering POS creative to suit local needs
- Uses a variety of data sources to analyse relevant business situations and proactively recognize, evaluate, and address key business issues, drivers and growth opportunities.
- Uses knowledge about consumers, competition and customers to support the creation of business solutions and provide ideas that support brand strategy.
- Creates and makes presentations to customers as needed.
- Observes and analyses new trends and competitive activities to seek out innovative ways to build the brands.
- Participates on team projects and business reviews.
- Manage the relationship and execution of key sport sponsorships.
- Contributes to the development and execution of marketing plan modifications, package changes and line extensions.
- Monitors progress of marketing plans, ROI analysis and collaborates with other key functional areas and manages outside agencies to accomplish objectives on schedule and within budget.
- Contributes in POS and packaging meetings and development.
- Generates reports for Sales & Brand Marketing.
- Manages assigned budget effectively
- Communicates with customers /partners to understand their needs.
- Communicates well verbally and in writing. Keeps team members and management informed of project status.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- One Direct Report
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2 years of marketing, trade or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, preferred in the alcohol industry.
- Experience with effectively presenting information to groups.
- Experience with collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience developing and implementing consumer promotions with and without 3rd party involvement.
- Experience working for a Multi-National Corporation.
- Experience in the Alcohol Industry.
- Well-developed negotiation skills and presentation skills
- Trade marketing experience preferred.
- Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Word and PowerPoint; intermediate MS Excel and database; proficient in IRI, BRIO and Spectra.
- Skilled in learning and applying multiple data sources.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled in reading, analysing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience speaking effectively before group of customers, media and employees.
- Experience applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Skilled to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
E&J Gallo Winery is committed to providing Accessible Customer Service to people of all abilities while ensuring we respect the dignity and independence of each person.