To start, you’ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people — invested in our customers and the community. If you’re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
NetSuite is looking for several Technical Writers at both Intermediate and Senior levels to write documentation for complex business software applications. An ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and verbal communication skills, experience writing business software documentation, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced development environment. You’ll join a quickly expanding team with lots of opportunity for career growth and development.
About NetSuite in Kitchener-Waterloo
One of the most interesting things about working for the NetSuite office in Kitchener is that it combines the security of working for an established, well respected company with the excitement of working in a high-growth, fun and flexible small business environment. We have a relaxed and flexible workplace where work-life balance is respected. Regular off-sites allow employees to get out of the office for team building and fun. We also provide free snacks and a breakfast bar daily!
- Work closely with Product Management, Development, QA, and Technical Writing to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects
- Proactively research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to writing and scrum team meetings
- Partner with other teams such as Support, Training, and Professional Services to understand and respond to customer documentation needs
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or transferrable writing experience.
- Knowledge of technical communication techniques and standards
- Attention to detail; excellent English skills; proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication
- Experience working with remote teams
- Self-starter: motivated, takes initiative
- Ability to quickly learn how to use products, passion for technology
- Experience working with SMEs to deliver quality documentation Strong time management and prioritization skills: experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Comfortable using the Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software
- Experience with current authoring, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt or Paint Shop Pro
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology
- Knowledge of Arbortext Epic Editor