As a member of the Technical Writing team, you will perform a variety of tasks in different areas. These include:
- developing, writing, and updating user guides, marketing content and online help for auditing and working paper software. The documentation set must necessarily address different audiences, from novice to expert, and flexible for use in different markets and implementations. The position will require leveraging existing documentation into the next release of the products.
- creation of readme files, enhancement lists and white papers. Preparation of help presented in HTML format.
- editing content created by subject matter experts and other authors.
- preparing files for translation and working with the translation coordinator to ensure on-going changes are tracked for translation.
- adhering to format, content, and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- strong organization and time management skills;
- excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven expertise in writing for a business/professional audience;
- strong editing skills and impeccable knowledge of grammar and usage;
- MS Word expertise and Adobe Acrobat use;
- experience with HTML Help file and WebHelp creation;
- proven knowledge of single sourcing and structured authoring considered an asset;
- ability using documentation production applications like RoboHelp, HTML Help Workshop, Adobe Acrobat and Wikis;
- knowledge of context sensitive help implementation;
- familiarity with issues of localization and reuse;
- ability to update website content using a content management system (e.g. Plone) considered an asset;
- enthusiasm for new technologies and the latest trends in technical writing and help issues;
- ability to work independently to often conflicting and tight deadlines, while maintaining the highest standards of accuracy.
- experience using Multimedia preferred
1-2 years technical writing experience or a BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, or related field is an asset.