Marcomm Systems Group Inc. / Paladin Technologies is a leading security systems integrator, with offices all across Canada. We provide full service solutions to our clients, across a multitude of sectors including healthcare, infrastructure, institutions, gaming, property management, energy and government.
Job Skills / Requirements
Due to our continued national growth, we are looking for a Technical Writer to respond to RFPs, collaborate with internal stakeholders to document business processes, and write detailed functional specifications and requirements. The Technical Writer will work with Subject Matter Experts to transform services and technical information into pertinent, client-focused, value and benefits-oriented language. The primary mission will be to integrate diverse material into a "single voice" selling document or set of re-usable proposal text modules, while making it easy for the reader to comprehend the offer and the value of selecting Paladin Technologies.
- Support internal members with writing-related matters and full-cycle bid process, including creating presentations, drafting internal product and support related documentation, and collaborating with the Marketing team to create and edit items
- Assemble project-related documentation, including shop drawings, as-builts, and manuals
- Review RFP documents and collaborate with various parties internally and externally to compile and deliver high quality, cohesive, and strategic proposal submissions
- Define, manage, and plan proposal deliverables
- Monitor bidding websites for addendums, notice of award, and to ensure strategic pursuit of bids
- Utilize effective research strategies to seek out new bidding opportunities
- Ensure all information and knowledge of organization and industry are relevant and up-to-date
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication; bilingualism in French would be an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Collaborative mindset, and ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment with nationwide and remote team members
- Excellent computer skills, with advanced aptitude in MS office (Word, Visio, Project, PowerPoint), and graphic design software (Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with AutoCAD would be an asset
- Technical knowledge, or proven ability to learn about technical concepts
- Familiarity with security industry terminology would be considered an asset
- Experience with CRM systems would be an asset
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or technical business writing would be considered an asset
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check