Req No.: 2015-1679
Department: Technical Support
Collaborative, assertive, flexible, passionate, driven, inspired. These aren’t just nice words, they’re the start of every great Fluidigm career.
We are a growing community of thinkers and creators, dedicated to pursuing the fundamental truths of biology. We seek to empower and inspire our customers and each other to push limits and envision ever more creative answers to “what if…?” As the industry pioneer in revolutionary single-cell technology and a cutting-edge leader in production genomics, we are committed to enabling biological exploration at every level.
And if you’re into all that too, we’re ready to commit to you.
Fluidigm is looking for a Technical Writer to research, organize, and develop writing projects for user materials and web copy materials. The individual will learn details of Proteomics instrumentation products and how to independently operate them. In addition, the successful candidate will help develop work instructions for reports, user safety and service manuals, brochures and quick reference guides.
- Excited by the opportunity to work closely with engineers, scientists, software developers, functional testers, and quality officers
- Passionate about authoring technical literature, white papers, and communication materials
- Inspired by the idea of working independently and with project teams to plan and execute project-related technical writing activities
- Research products by reading and studying the product specifications, interviewing subject matter experts, investigating hardware and software, observing uses and learning how to operate and use Proteomics products
- Strictly follow company’s quality management policy and requirements and facilitate unification and observance of documentation formats, company brand, and regulatory standards
- Organize and facilitate content review meetings with scientific applications team and marketing team for projects assigned
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
- Create policy and procedure documentation to support appropriate departments
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- Degree in engineering or a physical science discipline
- Experience distilling complex or highly technical concepts to actionable, understandable communications
- Track record of researching and writing effective documentation in a business environment
- Understanding and comfort with technical components; software and hardware product components
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills, and attention to detail – particularly with respect to enhancing user experience
- Strong understand of quality standards
- 3 years of technical writing experience
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite
- Experience writing user documentation and using a content management system and integrated toolsets
- Aptitude to learn new product technologies, including hands-on operation
- Familiarity with terminology used by electrical and mechanical engineers and physical scientists especially relating to laser-based equipment
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year