The primary purpose of the Technical Writer II is to develop end user documentation for a variety of Zebra Enterprise products. This role performs a variety of tasks to support and enable the delivery of user documentation to our external customers.Our mission is to establish best-in-class knowledge transfer and to contribute to overall customer satisfaction for users of our products.
- Researches, writes, illustrates, edits, and completes deliverables for mobile computing and scanner hardware and software projects following Technical Communication standards.
- Under moderate supervision, follows the TechPubs Department Project Specifications to complete the assigned deliverables within the specified timeframe.
- Follows Style Guide, Template, and Branding Guidelines to comply with Zebra standards.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts to research procedures and technology concepts.
- Escalates issues to get timely resolution before schedule is impacted.
- Manages own time so projects are completed by due date.
- Ensures project deliverables are loaded into information management systems (i.e., PLM, DAM) as approprate.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
- 2-5 years of experirence in technical writing or content development.
- Aptitude for technology.
- Strong professional work behaviors – strong attention to detail, teamwork, accountability
- Knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker, Illustrator, RoboHelp, and other desktop publishing software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with engineering, marketing, SMEs and external team members to obtain the information necessary to carry out assignments.