Essential Job Functions:
- Develop user documentation for new hardware and software products
- Maintain user documentation for existing hardware and software products
- Produce draft documents or proofs as needed
- Gather appropriate content for user documentation through interviews and interaction with other project team members and domain experts.
- Work with product marketing to gain understanding of customer types and propose documentation plan to meet customer needs
- Develop and maintain writing schedules that define team input requirements
- Responsible for managing writing efforts performed by contractors
- Develop and integrate graphics into written documentation as needed to better emphasize information or understand a concept
- Manage the lifecycle of existing documentation when needed for corrections, changes in company information, regulatory requirements, obsolescence, etc.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure documents are ordered and stocked as needed
- Complete user materials in compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific branding and design guidelines
- Propose process improvements for developing, releasing and delivering user documentation
- Stay cognizant of industry advancements in providing effective user documentation, tools and processes
- Perform other duties as required within authorized compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to breakdown a large task/concept into smaller tasks/ideas
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience managing writing efforts performed by contractors a plus
- Highly proficient with MS Word and Adobe FrameMaker
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat
- Intermediate-level MS Windows knowledge
- Basic MS Excel knowledge
- Good computer skills
- Robotics or automation knowledge
- Aptitude for or knowledge of scientific concepts, subjects or instrumentation.
- Knowledge of safety documentation requirements.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page