Salary: $82,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0611)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7 Canada
We are seeking a chief communications strategist, storyteller and activator to communicate our sustainability direction, progress and take on issues, internally and externally, building understanding, engagement, credibility, transparency and impact. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Sustainability and working cross-functionally, the Sustainability Communications Manager develops and implements sustainability related communications plans/tactics, including reporting, for successful results. A brand savvy and thoughtful professional, you get innovative business sustainability and love the challenge of connecting with educators and investors alike. We can’t wait to have you join us!
Strategy and Plans
- Articulate vision and develop short and longer-term transparency and communication plans for internal and external audiences (i.e. employees, guests, supply chain partners, investors, media, NGOs, benchmark oganizations/indices, sustainability thought leaders), in partnership with communication partners in Brand and other functions.
- Evaluate the success of communication efforts, and adapt future approaches as a result.
- Contribute to developing lululemon’s positioning of sustainability as an integral business value and function, given our unique brand and business.
- Working with cross-functional partners (e.g. Brand Communications, Digital, Product), execute plans and tactics across a range of channels and media including digital, film, print, events. Build relationships and engage with key internal and external partners, influencers and change agents.
- Lead individuals and teams through influence, establishing clear priorities and communicating them to educate and drive engagement
- Internal responsibilities include:
- Oversee and execute plans and delivery of internal sustainability communication, to engage and communicate meaningfully with our store educators and employees globally
- External communications
- Oversee the plans and delivery of external sustainability communication
- Maintain lululemon.com and investor site content to align with strategy, developing engaging, accurate and useful content that educates and inspires readers
- Create and curate compelling content across channels that capture lululemon’s brand and point of view on sustainability for internal and external audiences
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 5-7 years of communications experience, in a brand environment. Strong business acumen, with experience in corporate sustainability and impact as well as brand, retail and product experience.
- Experienced in building communication strategies and plans for a range of audiences.
- You are a proven implementer. You are able to prioritize, project manage and meet deadlines in a fast paced setting.
- Demonstrated ability to engage cross-functionally and communicate effectively within a distributed global corporate structure.
- You are a strong writer and verbal communicator, and able to bring stories to life in a beautiful, effective, lululemon-right way.
- Strong understanding of data KPI’s and reporting. Understand core sustainability transparency and non-financial disclosure requirements to manage reporting content (e.g. SASB, GRI, CDP, KnowTheChain).
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe creative suites – graphic design skills
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.