Enjoy the energy of start-ups? Tired of number crunching without a purpose? Got experience bringing a bit of order to creative environments? Apply to be our superb Studio Manager.
We’re a growing social business working across Canada. We apply design thinking to social services, working with people most on the margins to develop community supports that work for them. Our funding comes from foundations, government, and non-profits.
As our Studio Manager, you will set-up our internal accounting systems and budgeting processes; research & implement helpful project management and communication tools; and assist with coordinating lovely events.
You’ll be joining an adventurous international team of designers, social scientists, and organizational change gurus. We work from a wood cabin in East Vancouver. And, between us, we make some pretty delicious smoothies, cocktails, tacos, and cheese.
Accounting & finance coordination
- Tracking and payment of all invoices, bills, and project expenses using Xero
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Processing and payment of GST, PST
- Full cycle payroll
- Preparation of financial reports, budgets, and cash flow forecasts
- Maintenance of chart of accounts
Project & communication support
- Creating project timelines, identifying creative resources, supporting team members
- Helping to build our network – via newsletters, social media, memorable events
- Finding offbeat venues
- Organizing travel
- Assisting with the production of materials
- Maintaining a beautiful and delightful physical space!
- Setting-up satellite studio spaces in our non-profit partners, including sourcing cool furniture
- Maintaining team calendars and communication tools (e.g Slack)
- Being the first point of contact on the phone / emails
- Sourcing surprising materials
- Creating & maintaining digital and paper filing system
- Being on top of insurance and legal issues
What we offer:
Passion, creativity, a social mission, an international team, yummy snacks, movie nights, a comfy and light-filled space, flexibility, and a chance to shape how we organize work.
What you offer:
- 3+ years working within creative industries
- Diploma/certification in bookkeeping, accounting or equivalent business experience
- A technology lover who uses cloud tools for accounting, payroll, CRM, project management, team communication
- A fascination with numbers and how they are communicated: you can make good looking spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Good local know-how: you know where to find random things!
- Clear writer and speaker used to working across platforms
Who you are:
You are a self-starter who enjoys a good challenge
You are detail oriented and very methodical
You enjoy setting-up structures from scratch
You are dependable, take responsibility, and always make deadlines
You are a strong communicator and can say what you need
You are flexible and enjoy fast-paced and often changing work environments
- You are an original problem-solver
- BONUS: You know how to use design & video editing software!
Nuts & Bolts
This position is part-time.
There will be a short trial period.
Salary is negotiable (up to $26/hr), depending on experience.
- You’ll primarily work from our location in East Vancouver, but we have project sites across greater Vancouver so access to a car is a total plus!