Are you known to have a clever way with words? Have a proven track record writing compelling and effective digital content? Love data and analytics? Consider yourself left and right brained? If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to meet you.
The BCIT Marketing and Communications Department is seeking a regular, full-time Strategist - Digital Marketing. This position is responsible for working with the Manager to conceive and produce a highly targeted content strategy, ensuring that all digital communications are optimized for key conversions and follow rules of style guides, visual design and quality assurance. Bridging creativity with analytical results, the strategist is key in developing BCIT’s digital strategy. Working with the Marketing and Communications team, cross-institutional subject matter experts (SMEs) and web content owners (WCOs) the strategist will provide leadership and guidance on best content practices to maintain and enhance brand cohesion. The strategist will track and report on institute marketing KPIs to inform and refine effective and strategic content. This position collaborates with stakeholders, Web Services, internal schools and departments, and external digital agencies to problem-solve, innovate, analyze and prescribe various content formats to drive results.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline such as marketing, communications, English plus completion of specialized training in digital analytics and web intelligence, web publishing, digital advertising, and internet applications.
- Two years general web content development experience (writing and editing effective web content) plus four years experience in a similar position, with expertise in web analytics and digital advertising, preferably in an educational or multi-stakeholder or digital agency setting.
- Experience with web content management systems workflow.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office, Visio, HTML editors, image editors and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with web content management systems, experience with Marqui preferred.
- Ability to use common operating systems (e.g. Windows) and standard file formats.
- Knowledge of web usability and information architecture principles.
- Familiarity with requirements definition, site mapping and client interaction.
- Highly skilled in Google Analytics, SEO, and Google AdWords.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy while maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Excellent organizational, project management and analytical skills, with ability to develop schedules, action plans and implementation guidelines for digital content development.
- Proven technical, editorial and web writing, editing and publishing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and experience proofing and editing for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Experience reporting KPIs and providing actionable strategic recommendations.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
START DATE: May 23, 2016
SALARY RANGE: Grade 9; $51,435 with yearly increments to $55,878 per annum.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 16B27R1
OPENING DATE: April 30, 2016
CLOSING DATE: May 13, 2016