Strategic Media Relations Manager full-time
Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG) is a full service media and public relations company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. LBMG is looking for an experienced media and public relations professional to join our team working on some of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic clients including the Pacific National Exhibition; the Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair; the Vancouver International Auto Show; Disney On Ice; and the Vancouver International Boat Show, among others.
Our company is growing rapidly and along with big plans comes big opportunity. You will play a crucial role in achieving LBMG’s goal of becoming a leading media relations provider in British Columbia. Our agency offers great potential for expansion and development of skills. Reporting to the Vice President, the successful applicant will have excellent computer skills, management skills, and research skills.
An interest in and knowledge of the media landscape in Vancouver and Canada is a requirement, while a working knowledge of British Columbia’s press corps and a journalism background is an asset.
- Maintain appropriate network with press and TV journalists.
- Maintain a list of contacts in various regional, national and international media.
- Act as account manager and project manager on a variety of projects.
- Manage staff working on various projects.
- Liaise with journalists, organize interviews on behalf of clients, facilitate client interviews and story placement.
- Prepare press releases and issue them to appropriate media.
- Write brochures, newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets, etc.
- Write for firm blog and manage social media strategy.
- Ensure information is disseminated to media in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage the speakers’ bureau, including managing requests and identifying opportunities; prepare presentation materials and speeches
- Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations or Journalism
- Minimum two years job-related experience in communications or journalistic related field
- Demonstrated experience using applicable software programs including Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools
- Experience with social media strategies
- Strong planning, project management, research and technical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Knowledge of event based media and communications an asset
- Knowledge of government based media and communications an asset
- Knowledge of media landscape in Canada
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
- Detail and task oriented
- Flexible hours
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license