Do you want to use your superpowers for good? At Ayogo Health, Inc. (“Ayogo”), we’re not just creating software and services, we’re creating the future. We’re solving some of the biggest problems in the world related to healthcare and human behaviour. As the Strategic Creative Director, you will be heading projects related to both development and marketing of our products. As a member of the team, you will join a group of highly competent and passionate psychologists, neuroscientists, artists, programmers and interaction designers who are genuinely committed to collective success.
Ayogo believes that good design takes into account the full range of human experience from psychology to aesthetics, linguistics to ergonomics. The next Creative Director will spearhead this philosophy, which is why the position requires an equal amount of imagination, skill, talent, leadership and organization. Starting to sound like you? Then please, read on!
Wage Range: $100,000 - $108,000
Location of Work: Vancouver, B.C.
Who you are:
- An expert who is comfortable with planning, directing, and evaluating an end-to-end design process, concept to completion and every step in between;
- A leader who can establish, develop, and communicate a compelling vision, and inspire colleagues to engagement;
- An artist, through & through, with impeccable visual design capabilities, a clean, modern aesthetic and the ability to execute within and expand upon a pre-defined visual style, or define a new one with confidence and ease.
- An innovator, looking to advance the state of the art in applying game mechanics and social networks to health care;
- A persuasive presenter, a confident conversationalist who is able to handle diverse client demands with aplomb;
- An adept manager, able to produce excellent results on time and on budget;
- An ambitious and entrepreneurial professional, seeking the excitement, pressure, and rewards of building a successful start-up; and
- An organizational wizard, who exceeds at juggling team members, clients and projects.
Things that will help you stand out:
- Advanced training or education in a design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications;
- A foundation in the psychology of user behaviour and its implications for the designer;
- Exposure to health, health care, or health and fitness sectors; and
- Entrepreneurial experience.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive, concept, define, present, and oversee the creative design of our products, and applications based on our products;
- Develop a world class team;
- Direct and manage your team, their work, and the budgets associated to their output;
- Provide strategic and design input into our products;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders;
- Collaboratively build efficient and productive processes;
- Get your hands dirty, sometimes because you need to, sometimes because you want to; and
- Have a ton of fun making a real difference in the world, and feel the satisfaction that comes from looking around and seeing everyone else is, too.
What you’ll need:
- A good heart and a pragmatic, principled professionalism;
- Talent and skill as a manager as well as a “doer”;
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills;
- Proficiency in designing for social environments;
- Fluency in game design principles, approaches and best practices and how they can elicit targeted user behaviours;
- Exceptional analytical and process-oriented skills;
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- At least 7 years progressive experience in a combination of web, mobile or game development;
- Advanced knowledge of software and products used in the design industry, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as well as communication tools such as Keynote, Google Slides & Docs, PowerPoint and Word
- A track record of world-class work demonstrating masterful use of new technologies to solve hard problems.
You should also be enthusiastic, honest, and fun to be around – that includes being able to laugh at yourself and to make others smile.
Ayogo has a talented team, interesting projects, and upbeat culture. If you can mirror those qualities, and bring your own personality and experience to the team, we look forward to hearing from you. The role is in our Vancouver office. If you don’t already know how completely awesome Vancouver is as a place to live, then get to the Google! Even the UN agrees.