The objective of the Senior Marketing Specialist role is to develop strategies to optimize the performance of long-term CRM programs, integrate cross-channel initiatives and introduce new CRM tools for the Casino & Community Gaming division while supporting BCLCs revenue, player-centricity and public support goals. The Senior Marketing Specialist will be responsible for increasing existing player participation via the BcGold Encore rewards program and improving marketing efficiencies by developing and monitoring BcGold Encore contact strategies, player lifetime value and creating new CRM programs to develop new/differentiated segments. This role will proactively build, develop and manage strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to Service Providers & advertising agencies.
- Leads, and is accountable for, the optimization and performance of the BcGold Encore CRM program by developing and managing player contact strategies and player response tracking by identifying key drivers from program analyses.
- Develops and executes multi-channel co-op marketing strategies and programs from end-to-end (i.e. PlayNow).
- Develops and executes new CRM contact strategies from end-to-end (i.e. mobile, portal, product, new GMS)
- Proactively identifies opportunities to develop and acquire BcGold Encore players through insight and understanding into player behaviour and lifetime value.
- Provides significant input into the development of annual strategic plans for Casino & Community Gaming Marketing with a strong emphasis on BcGold Encore rewards program members.
- Highly involved in forecasting financial resources/needs for expenditures and budgeting for player development
- Provides on-going coaching and leadership to Marketing Specialists within Player Development and Casino & CGC marketing. Informally supports Marketing Specialists in their development and growth.
- Proactively and reactively provides marketing solutions to complex issues, player research on best practices and trend data, in order to make future player-focused marketing recommendations.
- Leads the collaboration with peers/external stakeholders and makes regular recommendations for new approaches to marketing work and demonstrates significant creativity in developing innovative ways of marketing BC Casinos and Chances facilities, with an emphasis on player development and retention.
- Provides additional CRM campaign executional support within Player Development as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline
- 5 to 7 years current, related experience within a marketing environment (preferably in CRM or direct response marketing, Loyalty marketing, communications)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Expert knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of marketing and program management
- Experience in database marketing/CRM with demonstrated experience in generating positive CRM program ROI
- Proven experience in evaluating and executing customer promotions and direct marketing campaigns (mail, web, email, mobile)
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics with proven experience in campaign/program forecasting
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of existing and new marketing plans in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with presentation skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Advanced understanding of gaming, and the entertainment trends both within BCLC and other jurisdictions
- Solid comprehension of Gaming criteria under the Criminal Code of Canada preferred
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.