Yellow Pages NextHome is a leading provider of media and online advertising solutions to the Canadian real estate industry. We help builders, developers, real estate brokers and agents and landlords by showcasing their homes and optimizing their media spend to reach a higher percentage of Canadians who are actively seeking to learn more about where to live – whether it’s their first, next, or final home!
For more than 25 years, our team has been helping real estate professionals in every category grow their business by connecting them with home buyers and renters. Today, in addition to our 40+ print publications located in more than 7,000 street and retail locations across Canada, we offer an array of online advertising solutions, our own media high traffic websites, mobile solutions focused on helping our Real Estate clients Connect with Canadians both nationally and at a regional level.
What’s our Mission?
To Connect Canadians with Real Estate
We do this by providing them with the real estate data and information they need to help them find the home of their dreams! For us it’s more than just “3 bedrooms, 2 baths, $500,000”. It’s all about helping consumers by giving them the context they need to make the right decision for them. Looking for the scoop on what’s happening in the real estate market, ask us, read us, visit us, follow us… You can trust us to give you a view on everything happening in real estate in Canada.
Why do we need you?
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Senior Marketing Manager is a key player in helping YP Next Home develop its consumer positioning, branding and traffic as well as drive B2B revenue, pricing and lead generation.The Senior Marketing Manager develops the strategy and drives the execution of YP Next Home B2C and B2B brands and product vision. This role is responsible for delivering both go-to-market strategies initiatives and communication programs across YP Next Home’s line of businesses to support various sales channels.
The Senior Marketing Manager will develop the B2C & B2B marketing strategies and manage the execution of programs that will drive YP Next Home KPI’s including awareness building, user traffic, demand generation, listings and sales. With his/her deep digital acumen, The Senior Marketing Manager will create, manage and measure integrated marketing campaigns including PPC, PLA, RTB, email, search engine optimization (SEO), online and offline advertising, social media, videos, white papers, trade shows, and events. This includes managing all creative feedback, approvals and production calendar and timelines. He/she will also be responsible for identifying, implementing and executing online relationship marketing techniques to drive leads, which include email subscriptions, webinar registration and newsletters.
In this role, the Senior Marketing Manager must be driven by the pursuit of delivering outstanding digital & mobile consumer experiences that will clearly establish YP Next Home as the leader in the Canadian Real Estate market. She/he must have a passion for the web and mobile design, with a flair for identifying new technological breakthrough that can be translated into new digital products or features. The Senior Marketing Manager will be deeply involved in YP Next Home’s new digital and mobile product development process, which includes actively conducting competitive tracking and refining product definition that will lead to breakthrough go-to-market strategies.
In addition, the Senior Marketing Manager will develop internal communications with employees and sales teams as well as craft internal newsletters, B2B sales presentations, and digital material to support the external and internal teams.
What will you be doing?
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing of YP Next Home, defines and develops the B2C & B2B marketing, product and communication plans by vertical and the overall corporate communication strategy.
- Formulate and document product positioning construct (features, benefits, competitive differentiation and advantage) that results in an integrated value proposition for YP Next Home’s extensive suite of print, online and mobile advertiser products. Responsible for the creation of product positioning “scripting” i.e. concrete objection handling words and sales collateral that incorporates proof of value stats based on research.
- Develops high quality sales tools, marketing campaigns and implementation that include well thought-out tactics, timing work plans and schedules.
- Execute primary research to mine market insights that drive strategic decisions.
- Supports YP Next Home in its internal communication initiatives and occasionally supports B2C initiatives.
- Manage overall marketing budget, marketing reporting and analytics.
What we’re looking for?
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business/Commerce: graduate degree and asset
- Minimum 10 years of experience, with 5 years of senior experience in marketing and/or product marketing
- Solid knowledge of branding & advertising strategies and experience in execution of strategies
- Previous experience in product marketing and/or having led the launch of new web or mobile products would be an asset
- Previous experience with managing marketing programs with execution in a variety of media print, online RTB, PPC and display advertising. Mobile marketing would be an asset
- A passion for insights with proven experience in leading business strategies using data analytics
- Highly knowledgeable in quantitative & qualitative market research methods
- Superior knowledge of email marketing acquisition strategies and deployment of campaigns
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Can build and manage a pool of external resources to deliver multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to establish goals and track KPI’s through the use of appropriate analytical tools (Google Analytics, internal data)
- Strong people management experience, with the ability to lead and direct a highly skilled and dynamic marketing program leader
- Proven organizational, planning and project management skills
- Bilingual: English and French – an asset
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Understanding or previous experience with the real estate market or online classified model an asset
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to set priorities, multi-task and stay on top of deliverables
- Team spirit and team commitment
- Passionate, enthusiast and autonomous
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team, environment
- Comfortable interacting with senior management and can effectively present a well-supported point of view
- Demonstrated ability to nurture collaboration between specialized suppliers, an asset
- Able to meet expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and suppliers and partners
- A pro-active, solutions focused, self-motivated and results-driven team player
- Able to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment, with high tolerance for change
- Eager to learn and grow within the organization
Why do you want to work for us?
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation Upon Hire + Additional Company-Paid Holidays
- Flexible Benefits Plan with No Waiting Period
- Group RRSP with Company Match
- Free Subscription to Lynda.com
- Casual Dress Code
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Free Access to the on-site Gym
- Free Underground Parking
This position is based in Etobicoke, ON (The West Mall & Burnhamthorpe) and is easily accessible by public transit. The YellowPages Next Home Office will be relocating to Downtown Toronto (King & Parliament) in December 2016.