Engine Digital is seeking a Sr. Art Director with a track record for creative, innovative, and uncompromised work.
The Engine Digital team is focused on creating immersive digital marketing platforms and campaigns that connect our client brands with consumers through socially relevant experiences. We collectively blend creative and strategic thinking with technology to provide our clients with marketing innovation that makes sense and simply works.
Working along side Strategists, Copywriters, and Production Designers, within the creative team, and under the leadership of the Creative Director, the Sr. Art Director plays a hands-on role in formulating the vision of a broad range of digital assignments, from display advertising and deeply engaging campaign microsites to intuitive web platforms and branded applications. While a majority of our work lives online, through web, mobile, and other digital screens, a broad understanding of media channels is critical in developing conceptual, transmedia ideas that break through and deliver results for our clients.
We're seeking an individual who possesses proven creative sensibility, displayed through clearly demonstrated knowledge of visual design, typography, photography, video and motion design, and the user experience. Candidates should possess experience with marketing, branding, and advertising strategies, a deep appreciation for the social web, and an ability to navigate the intersection between creative and technology. Innovation is an agency mandate. Understanding our clients' business challenges and ensuring strategy is on brief is what we strive for.
The Sr. Art Director will work throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring design standards are set, maintained, and delivered within the final product. This requires an understanding of the development process, including the roles of each member of the development team and how each contributes to fully polished and flawless work. Following a structured agency process, the Sr. Art Director will take a detailed approach to ideation, time management, and guidance of Production Designers, setting expectations throughout the project timeline.
- Reports to the Creative Director
- Work collaboratively to generate clever, innovative, and relevant creative strategies across a broad range of media channels
- Work with the Creative Director to mentor, inspire and lead Art Directors and Production Designers
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, take ownership of the creative vision of each assignment from inception to ideation and through delivery, ensuring projects meet the agency's expectations for amazing creative and design integrity
- Work with the Client Services team and our clients to understand the goals, objectives, and requirements of each assignment; listening before formulating strategies and tactics is crucial
- Participate in planning and provide creative leadership through concept and ideation, visual design, brand development
- Be mindful of project limitations while pushing the boundaries where appropriate; This includes an appreciation for technical as well as budget and schedule constraints
- Work with the Producer to define and assign tasks and manage the creative team
- Understand the space we work within by keeping ahead of the curve, on top of new technologies and creative trends, and participating in an environment of knowledge sharing and participation
- Help to foster a positive team environment, mentoring colleagues, and encouraging the development of skills across the creative team
- Form a clear and insightful understanding of our clients' business, their needs, and the creative opportunities and challenges that exist in their categories; know the rules to break the rules
- Help to enable an environment of quality and innovation
- Play an active role online, utilizing web technologies to better understand how each can be applied to winning creative strategies
- Balance the above with a clear appreciation for the goals and objectives of our clients, as well as those of the agency including quality, innovation, and agency culture
- Candidates should be Vancouver residents or willing to relocate. International candidates will be considered however be advised that the relocation process can span many months
- Minimum 5+ years experience designing for the web with at least 2+ years of agency experience
- Only those with a solid online portfolio of real client work will be considered
- Solid communication skills; ability to listen, speak, present, and sell through ideas both internally and directly to executive level client stakeholders
- Ability to form and communicate a clearly defined yet flexible point of view
- Experience in an agency, within a team and under the leadership of a Creative Director
- Experience with providing creative guidance and leadership while encouraging conceptual thinking among team members
- This is a hands-on role - we're seeking candidates that are extremely proficient with the usual suite of creative software including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash, etc.
- Beyond the ability to realize a creative idea, we're seeking an organized individual who has developed a clearly defined creative process and an acute attention to detail
- Working knowledge and appreciation of the abilities and constraints of HTML, CSS, JS, UI code frameworks, PHP, ActionScript and other relevant programming languages
- Experience art directing photo shoots, video shoots, and motion design
- Knowledge of the mobile app and mobile web space, including design across a broad range of touch and non-touch devices and operating systems including iOS, WebOS, and Android
- Experience designing social web experiences integrating with 3rd party systems such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Finally, candidates should be focused with a positive outlook, contributing towards an agency culture that ensures a positive experience for the whole team
If this sounds like you, then we should talk. And if you've read this whole job posting, you get extra points.
Engine Digital offers the following compensation package:
- Salary based on experience
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Winter holiday closure (in addition to vacation time)
- Focused yet casual work environment and company culture
- Team bonus plan based on overall agency performance