Weston Premium Woods (WPW) is a family owned and operated Canadian company that has been distributing domestic and imported hardwoods, softwoods and panel products since 1953. With a 105,000 square foot state-of-the-art warehouse in Brampton, Ontario, as well as numerous off-site locations, we offer among the largest and most extensive inventories and product selection in the industry.
WPW is currently recruiting for a Specification Representative. Primarily located in Toronto's downtown core, the Specification Representative will be responsible for identifying and providing expertise, education and awareness to influence design professionals (Architects, Interior Designers) to use WPW products.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a collaborative plan with the Sales Manager to define key targets and opportunities.
- Contact GTA (specifically downtown Toronto core) Interior Designers and Architects and other end-users to present WPW products to them to obtain specifications and capitalize on business growth opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients through business development.
- Ensure consistent follow up is maintained on projects for the specification.
- Provide technical expertise and education to clients regarding WPW product through relationship building, product training and facilitating presentations, meetings and "lunch and learns".
- Manage social network pages including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Administrative functions include creating a database to log projects, progress reporting, activity and results reports (such as weekly call reports, job leads and specifications acquired).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- College Diploma in Interior Design (University Degree an asset)
- 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Strong presentation and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to develop outstanding customer relationships and identify business opportunities by understanding customer requirements
- Highly motivated and energetic self starter
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
- Valid driver's licence