Specialist, Internal Communications - 12 month contract
Mazda is a unique brand known for defying convention and stands out in the Canadian automotive landscape through its widely recognized brand promise of Zoom-Zoom. Mazda in Canada seeks to enrich the lives of our customers through providing highly differentiated experiences and is currently launching our exciting new lineup of products featuring its award-winning KODO design and SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY.
Reporting to the Director, Public Relations, the Specialist, Internal Communication is responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing internal communications to support Mazda’s corporate culture, business priorities and strategic initiatives.
Working with various departments and dealer partners, the Specialist, Internal Communication will develop internal communication materials, such as newsletters, printed collateral and videos, aimed at engaging internal audiences and reinforcing Mazda in Canada’s customer experience culture, core values and leadership competencies, in order to support Mazda’s corporate culture change initiatives. The Specialist, Internal Communication will also be responsible for supporting the Public Relations team by assisting with auto shows, product communications, and motorsports.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the Director, Public Relations with developing content for internal communications via a variety of channels, including newsletters, presentations, dealer and employee memos, videos, key messages for meetings, etc.
- Develop high-quality communication plans for internal stakeholders
- Research, write and distribute original content across Mazda’s internal communication channels
- Produce a variety of communication assets, including print, web and video
- Monitor effectiveness of communications, gather feedback to improve communication channels, and recommend enhancements.
- Lead and develop content for, and publish Mazda’s monthly President’s Message newsletter.
- Collaborate with MCI employees and departments in the effective execution of communication plans and strategies.
- Assist Senior Specialist, Public Relations with managing the National press fleet, including posting assets to Mazda Canada’s media site on a timely basis Assist Senior Specialist, Public Relations with writing and producing product communication materials, such as product releases, press kits, presentations, and model year information.
- Compile articles and prepare reports from media events.
- Distribute media coverage to key stakeholders.
- Run reports for Product Planning and Marketing.
- Assist Manager, Shows & Corporate Events with developing auto show customer service representatives’ training manuals and preparations, including gathering assets, submitting forms and proof-reading materials.
- Manage Grassroots motorsports contingency program, including compiling race results and calculating year-end payouts.
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required):
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Minimum 2-years’ experience developing communication plans and creating content for multiple communication channels with measurable results.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to independently, adapt, prioritize and multi-task.
- Video design skills will be considered an asset, but not required.
- Bilingual (French) will be considered an asset, but not required.
- Knowledge and/or passion for the automotive industry will be considered an asset, but not required.
Mazda Canada Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and upon request by the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.