Have you always wanted to work for a company that made real and lasting positive impact to the community? Bring your talents and passion to a well-loved brand and amazing work culture… this is a dream role for someone who thrives in the digital social space and is driven by purpose. Welcome to Modo!
WHO WE ARE
Modo is a co-op founded on social purpose: we transform communities by connecting people with places in a way that’s affordable, convenient, inclusive, and sustainable. Driven by people – not profit – Modo was the first carshare to open shop in BC back in 1997. Our promise is to offer an exceptional carsharing experience. We’re a leader in the ever-changing shared mobility space and our brand is well recognized and respected. Our employees share a passion for social impact; it’s what draws us together to do our best.
Modo operates on the unceded and shared territories of many First Nations. Unceded because most Indigenous Peoples in this province never entered into Treaty with the Canadian government, and shared because Indigenous lands are not divided by borders. Our main office is located on the unceded and shared ancestral lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We and our members live and work on these lands and our cars move across them. We appreciate and respect the long-standing tradition of Indigenous Peoples in caring for the land. We recognize the harm that is caused to the environment – land, air, and water – through the use of vehicles, and commit to reducing that harm as a core part of our Purpose.
Modo is proud to be a certified Living Wage Employer in BC, and we actively strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve – including diversity in thought and experience – leading to more innovation.
A BIT ABOUT YOU – OUR SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
First of all, you absolutely love social media – all its different forms and functions – and you see the bigger picture with the how and the why behind social. Your role at Modo is pivotal in how our brand is received and in helping Modo achieve our social purpose to transform communities.
Reporting to Modo’s Director of Marketing and Communications, you will join a #smallbutmighty Marketing team to deliver compelling storytelling and community management. You’ll manage Modo’s social channels on a daily basis and help create strategy for campaigns; work closely with Modo’s Ambassador and Influencer programs, amplifying Modo’s digital reach; and contribute to Modo’s growth in residential developments by promoting Modo vehicles in new buildings. Outside of the social space, you’ll work with event and community partners to promote events and other community exchanges – possibly even attend events when it’s safe to do so! Lastly, you’ll support the Marketing team with administrative functions like marketing data collection, maintaining marketing collateral supplies, and attend meetings to represent Modo as required. This role could be perfect for someone driven by social purpose, can hit the ground running, and have (just a little) fun doing it.
Here’s what we are looking for, in a candidate of choice:
- a diploma or degree in Marketing or a related field, or three years working in a Marketing or Communications Coordinator or Assistant role that involved:
- experience managing multiple social channels and upholding a brand voice on various channels
- experience with organic and paid social media
- experience with project planning and coordination
- proficiency with Adobe Create Suite and other image editing/graphics tools
- class 5 driver’s license (or working towards it… it’s all part of the user experience!)
It would be awesome, though, if you had these too:
- a joy for storytelling and engaging with community
- passion for and/or direct work experience with a social purpose business
- experience with social media and project planning tools such as Hootsuite, Gain, Later, Facebook Ads Manager, Asana, or Basecamp
- experience with WordPress
- experience as a Modo member or a member of another co-op (serious bonus points)
ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Just as valuable to Modo are qualities that would help you be successful in this role. We would love to welcome you to our team if you:
- have great communication skills, able to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels;
- have solid organizational and time management;
- have a growth mindset and see the value in giving and receiving feedback;
- are able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- thrive on thinking outside the box and brainstorming new and exciting ideas;
- demonstrate a service-oriented attitude and a willingness to pitch in.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
The best thing about working at Modo is our people. Everyone feels strongly connected to Modo’s purpose, and we respect one another and foster a sense of belonging. You’ll have the continued support of a close-knit team who are committed to your success. Modo also invests in your training and development, and we offer attractive health and wellness benefits. These include a comprehensive extended health and dental plan, generous sick days, a monthly health and fitness benefit, and a discount on Modo usage!
Our main office is physically situated in Vancouver and our work culture is dynamic between office-based work and remote work (even when it’s not coronavirus times!). Modo will provide you with a laptop for access to all required systems.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!