The Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia is seeking a seasoned Social Media Specialist. This position is a 9-month contract position, based at the Vancouver Point Grey campus. We are looking for a smart and creative professional who lives and breathes digital and social media and is excited to play a key role in its future at Sauder. This position reports to the Manager, Interactive Marketing and the Director, Marketing & Communications, and works closely with other staff within Sauder’s marketing and communications department.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Help manage and execute Sauder’s social media presence, including creating and posting engaging content on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.
- Co-ordinates Sauder’s online and social media presence, and assists in developing online, social media, SEO, brand, digital and communication strategies as needed.
- Work with the Marketing department and other units to develop an integrated strategy and guidelines.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize accounts across social media platforms by promoting and sharing content, increasing our follower base, engaging our audience, generating dialogue and building relationships.
- Contributes to the development of metrics and dashboards, and supports the measurement of ROI for SM participation. Track, evaluate and report on progress to determine successes and opportunities.
- Manages production and uploading of web content, ensuring consistency, optimizing content for search and for sharing, and ensuring appropriate and relevant linkages and synergies. Work closely with the Web team to ensure full leveraging of the website and other online channels for maximum impact/results.
- Liaises with internal and external content creators i.e. faculty, students, alumni, staff, agency/creative firm, and writers, to write, edit and facilitate production of online marketing and communications materials, while working closely with the marketing team to ensure consistency with the brand identity/ graphic standards.
- Monitor comments and user-generated content. Escalate issues and provide feedback on community.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the changing social media landscape and conceive new, creative ways to promote our brand while generating involvement from fans & followers.
- Participates in the development of social media relations programs, and engages key influencers.
- Responsible for miscellaneous online and digital productions, and other duties/ projects as needed.
- Video project planning and co-ordination including creating briefs, defining video messaging, basic storyboarding, coordinating shoots and the edit, archiving, publishing and sharing the videos.
- Responsible for coordinating meetings and briefings to facilitate marketing and communications planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Digital Media, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a marketing and communications capacity, preferably online experience.
- 2+ years experience in online and social media content development.
- Strong project management skills and a proven track record in coordinating marketing/ communications projects.
- Experience working within a complex organizational structure; and understanding of the academic and public sector environment is an asset.
- Experience working with external service providers, such as writers, videographers, ad agencies, designers.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills; ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Established user in social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook with a demonstrated ability to engage readers. Relevant experience across other social media sites including LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube, Flickr, etc.
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and editing skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of social media principles, community building and an understanding of how corporate and user generated content works together. Experience using social media to drive business goals a plus.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Ability to appropriately adjust writing tone for different communities, and to think of new ways to engage them.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze analytics and social media metrics across various platforms.
- Familiarity with one or more listening platforms e.g., TruPulse, Radian6.
- Should be able to demonstrate editorial judgment and writing ability. Ability to quickly craft short, compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our audiences, driving engagement, sharing, click-through and conversions.
- Conversant in SEO, SEM, SMO, web analytics, web technologies, community, and the concepts of creative/brand.
- Time management and problem-solving skills; ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Good experience with HTML, CMS (Drupal) and blog publishing tools (WordPress), PhotoShop, and MS Office.
- Experience and working knowledge in web content publishing and multimedia production.
- Solid understanding of visual design aesthetics and graphic standards. Experience working with digital assets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism.
- Experience with Media Buying and Online Advertising – Online Display, SEM, Facebook and LinkedIn advertising.
- Knowledge of video planning, production, editing, formats and best practices in video for the web.
- Basic video and photography skills would be a plus.
Please respond by sending the following by email to the attention of Niamh Redmond, Manager, Interactive Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter addressing how your skills and experience match the role and responsibilities
- Your resume and;
- A portfolio demonstrating success with social media and online marketing techniques.