Want to join our dynamic and fast-paced marketing department? As an e-commerce based business, our Marketing team is responsible for making our products shine online — capturing our fabrics through photos, videos, & text, engaging our customers, and ensuring our website & social media channels are polished and in line with our brand image.
Our Social Media Specialist will be responsible for planning our social media content calendars for Blackbird Fabrics & BF Patterns, ideating, shooting, & editing video content for our social channels, and executing our weekly newsletters. If you have an interest in sewing/textiles, a deep passion for social media, an eye for visuals, and excellent writing skills, this is the role for you!
An ideal candidate would have experience shooting & editing short-form video content and managing a large social media channel, but we are willing to provide training if a candidate is motivated & enthusiastic.
- Plan, shoot, and edit videos for our social channels (primarily Instagram & TikTok). You'll be responsible for creating fun and engaging ways to showcase our fabrics and engage with our audience through fabric education, behind the scenes content, and other features.
- Write copy that captures our brand tone & voice for our social media channels, newsletter, and blog. You’ll paint a clear picture for our audience of how our fabrics handle, highlight the features that set them apart, showcase different ways to use them, and help stoke sewing inspiration.
- Plan our social media calendar to balance our weekly releases of 30+ products, highlight specific seasonal collections, inspire our community, meet monthly sales goals, and organically grow our audience.
- Monitor social media trends and identify potential opportunities for growth. Working collaboratively with the rest of our Marketing team, you'll highlight opportunities to grow our audience, optimize sales, and enhance our brand image.
- Experience managing a multi-channel social media calendar for a brand, including content creation and community engagement.
- Experience with iPhone or DSLR videography, either professionally or personally, as well as video editing using Instagram/Tiktok editors or other software.
- Experience using the Adobe Suite (Photoshop and/or Illustrator) to work from existing graphic templates and/or create original graphics, is a plus.
- Experience with DSLR photography is a plus, either personally or professionally.
- Experience using the Adobe Suite (Lightroom & Photoshop) to edit & colour correct photos is a plus.
- An interest in or passion for sewing! Experience working with textiles and familiarity with the sewing community is a huge plus.
- Extremely comfortable in front of the camera, as well as behind the lens. You’re thrilled by the idea of being the face of our brand on social channels with over 145k followers on Instagram and 750k views on TikTok. You’re also happy to rally your coworkers and get them excited to participate in content ideas.
- Deeply ingrained in the social media world. You're always scrolling Tiktok & Instagram in your free time, staying up to date on the latest trends, and you’re comfortable identifying & adapting our brand voice across different platforms and media.
- Highly creative and self-motivated. You're bursting with new ideas and can’t wait to put them into action.- Strong writing and communication skills. You've got a knack for grammar & writing structure and you're confident writing original content that feels natural & approachable while still being educational and sales-oriented.
- You're comfortable taking on different tasks & responsibilities. Working as part of a small team, you're happy to support your coworkers and fill in for different roles as needed.
- Receptive to feedback. You actively seek out feedback in an effort to better your work and adaptable when given feedback.
Position Type: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Position Location: In-person at our East Vancouver warehouse
*Salary will be determined based on level of skills and qualifications
Benefits: Eligible for Health & Dental coverage through Blackbird's GroupHealth benefits plan after 3 months of continuous employment
Blackbird Fabrics is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where all team members feel included, celebrated, and empowered. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and we encourage applications from underrepresented and marginalized groups in our community.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!