An international luxury fashion designer whose designs have been topping Hollywood’s best dressed lists is searching for a creative and talented hands-on Public Relations Coordinator to grow our public relations efforts. In this career you will find a dynamic and fast paced environment, where no two days are ever alike. We want someone with a positive, results-oriented attitude who is passionate about fashion and eager to make a positive difference. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, comfortable dealing with various types of media, have an appetite for learning, and thrive on new challenges. Working closely with the President, you will help the President to execute marketing and branding strategies, develop media relations and coordinate content.
•Create a targeted PR and marketing campaign that will strengthen our brand position as a leading luxury designer
•Facilitate relationships with key fashion and market editors, producers and stylists in order to extend media coverage
•Develop and nurture relationships with publicists, managers on behalf of the brand
•Create strategic partnerships with like-minded brands, including high-profile events with influential guests, further establishing the brand name and identity
- Become an advocate of the company by responding to customer comments, participating and posting on relevant blogs and forums
- Create and monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of public relations programs and campaigns and report on their effectiveness
- Create, maintain and execute an editorial calendar and posting schedule
- Work with PR team to aggregate unique content that can be distributed to mainstream media and other social media influencers
- Work with internal departments such as Marketing, PR, and Legal, to coordinate and execute the public relations plan.
The Desired Candidate will have:
- Keen attention to detail to ensure that all communications accurately reflect the brand.
- Demonstrated ability to lead public relations programs for the brand
- Strong copywriting skills with ability to produce copy of varying tone and messaging based on target audience and medium
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Five plus years experience in an office/business environment
- Strong computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Preference will be given to candidates with an understanding and passion for fashion!
- Minimum 5 years of PR experience in the fashion industry
- Proven understanding of new world PR including social media platforms
- Global PR experience in both the agency and in-house side
- Stunning writing and communication skills with an eye for the details
- Hands on, strong worth ethic and the polish and drive to call into the likes of Vogue
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple tasks with overlapping timelines
- Degree in Journalism or Public Relations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment (and we mean FAST)
- Egoless, fearless, and FUN