Who we are
TU Group is the parent company of Travel Underwriters and OneWorld Assist.
For over 45 years, Travel Underwriters has insured millions of travellers and become one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers. Through our distributors, we specialize exclusively in travel insurance and protect travellers against unexpected accidents or illnesses away from home.
Our assistance company, OneWorld Assist, provides superior customer care and claims solutions. From our call centre to in-house claims department, we provide a one-stop shop for our partners and their clients.
At TU Group, we are a market-driven, operationally aligned, team of specialized experts. As the obvious choice for travel insurance, we understand what our markets value and organize ourselves to most effectively deliver that value.
We currently have an opportunity for a Social Media Specialist to work in our Head Office.
Who you are
You have been told not only are you creative but you are technically savvy. You are known for your ability to use social media to connect with the masses. You understand the value of and are passionate about communicating effectively. You are very well-organized and can balance many competing priorities. You are driven to meet deadlines, and you flourish in an environment that is fast-paced.
If this is you and you want to make a difference in a company that values contribution, then we want to hear from you.
What you will do
You will implement TU Group’s Social Media Strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and encourage product adoption. The role coordinates with the internal Marketing Communications team to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network. You will work with senior managers and key stakeholders to implement strategies that extend the reach of our member companies and their messages throughout our target markets, and which position TU Group as ‘the obvious choice for travel insurance.
You will be responsible for managing social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community outreach efforts, promotions, and clearly identifying the company’s return on investment.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop, build and implement a comprehensive social media strategy for the brands by coordinating with stakeholders across the business/channels to ensure effectiveness, identifying and articulating the best social media marketing practices for the organization.
- Develop and execute brand conversations that engage customers and strengthen our brand.
- Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassadors’ network to spread the word about the company.
- Work with internal departments to develop original and curated content to be used across all business channels and as an integrated part of the entire marketing mix.
- Develop and manage the calendar of events that get communicated across the social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs for example.
- Manage presence in social media networking sites/communities, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Manage online reputation – ensure all web and social media applications are monitored to identify any consumer issues and/or criticism of the company’s brand/services and to document and resolve the issue in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Establish guidelines, procedures, policies, standard responses and response time targets.
- Implement a database of consumer and inquiry categories and provide reporting.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring to the Marketing Communications and Channel teams to help them evolve their strategies.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
What you will bring
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing or communications/public relations and at least 2 years specific to digital marketing and social media.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media, networking platforms and a variety of monitoring tools.
- Proven experience in independently developing, implementing and measuring sustainable social media strategies for a corporation or brand.
- Strong communication skills including oral and written; writing skills with attention to audience, tone and nuance.
- Highly involved in and passionate about social media.
- Well-networked in the social space - ability to keep on top of trends and new innovations.
- Knowledge of new social media tools and ability to create innovative ideas to engage with existing and prospective customers.
- Strong collaboration skills along with experience strategically navigating a large organization. This includes partnering with other departments and stakeholders to understand needs and generate appropriate solutions.
- Ability to partner with the corporate IT department to develop technology solutions that advance our social media capability.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry an asset.
- Video production skills an asset.
What we value
At TU Group, we are:
Purposeful—we understand; we plan; and then we execute.
Achievement Oriented—we view targets as minimums. Results matter and we work to succeed
Cohesive—we work towards common goals and respect each other’s roles, responsibilities and expertise.
Evolutionary—we look for opportunity in change. Success is measured by our ability to learn, adapt and be innovative.