The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA) was established over 120 years ago and we continue to grow stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Today we have 43 locations throughout BC that provide a wide range of services and programs to help more than 45,000 animals in distress and need each year.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about great customer service and skilled in social media to take on the full-time role of Social Media Specialist working at our provincial office in Vancouver. This position is responsible for all social media channels of the BC SPCA and works in conjunction with the Online Marketing Manager to create and implement an overall social media strategy to promote the mission of the society. This position also provides social media advice and support for program departments and for SPCA branches across the province to highlight adoptions, education, advocacy and fundraising efforts.
You embrace digital culture, the internet and emerging technologies and recognize their value and reach. You are excited and passionate about using social media channels as a means of communicating with online audiences and have a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage with various social medial platforms.
You keep up-to-date with the latest trends and changes in social media, including paid online advertising and the measurement and analysis of social media initiatives. This position demands an exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge & Qualifications / Skills required:
- Post-secondary education in communications or related field preferred
- Excellent social media skills and a history of active participation (not just on a personal level) in social networking channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Experience with paid online advertising
- Experience with Convio platform or other Content Management Systems an asset
- Extremely personable and engaging, able to project the BC SPCA’s personality through online channels;
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral) with strong and engaging writing and editing skills
- Must have a passion for creating interesting and engaging web content
- Strong digital design skills; creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense;
- Strong computer and graphic software skills including Adobe Photoshop, web page editing, or equivalent computer applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong project management and time management skills demonstrated in your ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Able to take initiative, but accepting of feedback and guidance
- Knowledge and experience of online communications, including social media and web management; in particular
- Experience in digital photography and videography an asset
- Knowledge of HTML as asset