The Social Media Manager will lead and execute the Social Media strategy for Town Shoes Limited and its brands – Town Shoes, DSW, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse. This role will take ownership of social media planning, activities and strategies to develop brand awareness and provide an engaging experience for our customers and followers.
Initially, you are tasked with assessing our current social media marketing processes and strategies. Once established, the Social Media Manager will work with the brand marketing leads to create and implement the social media framework.
You are a highly motivated individual with experience and a strong passion for content strategy.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of the Town Shoes Limited Social Media Strategy ensuring there is a clear plan with the brands to execute this strategy
- Use your in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how users engage with each to deliver best-in-class experiences
- Provide leadership and guidance to the brand teams and various other internal stakeholders
- Execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, posting, sharing, engaging, increasing reach, online reviews)
- Creating social media campaigns that ultimately drive consumers to stores and online
- Work in conjunction with copywriter to ensure the voice of the brands is conveyed consistently across all mediums
- Knowledgeable of principles of SEO including keyword research and able to implement Social Media SEO tactics
- Proactively introduce new ideas and initiatives while staying current on emerging trends
- Establish relationships with key bloggers and online influencers
- Establish relationships with key contacts within Town Shoes Limited to better understand additional areas of opportunities
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measurement of Social Media efforts. Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results and make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Work with social media tools, i.e. HootSuite (or similar), Google Analytics, etc.
- Monitor social networks for potential threats or opportunities in user-generated content that may negatively affect the business
- Work with customer service team for additional social monitoring activities
- Develop policies and guidelines pertaining to social media participation and social governance
- A solid understanding of the overall Town Shoes Limited business strategy to ensure activities align with the online and offline strategies
- Simplify, innovate and differentiate with a mandate to provide a superior social media experience
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Ability to handle multi-brands/multi-tasking
- Committed to developing skillset
- Passion for social media, technology and the online space
- Setting priorities to maximize productivity and focused business results
- Ability to work in a dynamic and evolving team environment, utilizing interpersonal skills to manage the relationships across multiple brands
- You are an influencer who can present data/facts to gain buy-in
- Ability to manage work flow from brand teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen and the ability to set KPI’s and analyze raw data into meaningful and actionable insights
- Have a strong understanding of social networks
- Results-oriented individual who enjoys a fast paced environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Passionate, and highly motivated
- A university degree in business or equivalent
- Demonstrated digital and interactive leadership experience
- Retail experience is an asset
- A minimum 3 years of experience in social media
- Cross-functional team environment experience
- Project management experience an asset
About Town Shoes Limited
Step Up Your Career! We have the hottest brands, teams who love shoes & fashion, unlimited career opportunities, and the great associate rewards programs in the retail industry (including FREE shoes!).
Town Shoes Limited has been part of the Canadian retail landscape for over 60 years. We are a fashion footwear retailer with nearly 200 retail locations across five banners. Our people make the difference at Town Shoes Limited. We are a diverse group of energetic, passionate and innovative footwear enthusiasts delivering EPIC customer service. It’s more fun at Town!
You can enjoy:
- FREE Shoes!
- Generous merchandise discount
- Flexible schedules
- Health/Dental benefits and Life Insurance
- Unlimited opportunity for growth
- Competitive compensation plan designed to reward top performers
- World Class training and development program
- Open Door Policy and MUCH MORE!
- RRSP company match contributions
If you love shoes as much as we do…APPLY NOW!
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest in Town Shoes Limited. Only Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Town Shoes Limited is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process. We will work with Applicants to accommodate all accessibility needs.