Auto req ID: 14796BR
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
Global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, operating in 155 countries with over 162,000 people and with global revenues in FY14 of more than $24.82billion.
KPMG International, a matrix organization, works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures global consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and Employer of Choice objectives. Many resources to support global have been centralized at the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC provides Global Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Risk, Finance and IT services.
Global Marketing supports 16 Industry Sectors and 3 functions, and is responsible for developing and implementing an effective marketing and communications program to help achieve sector specific goals and contribute to the overall profile and reputation of KPMG’s expertise.
About the Infrastructure team
KPMG’s market-leading Global Infrastructure practice includes teams from all over the world who oversee the strategic growth and direction of KPMG’s business in the Infrastructure sector. KPMG Global Infrastructure has a reputation for producing timely, compelling and thought provoking campaigns that help grow and strengthen our brand as a leader in this sector. The Global Marketing team leads the development and execution of these materials allowing the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in infrastructure inside and outside KPMG.
This role will work closely with the Global Infrastructure Marketing Manager and the Global Infrastructure leadership across several core sectors to help achieve their business goals through effective marketing and communication materials with a focus on digital and social media. The core sectors include transport, energy, water, resource related infrastructure, cities and social infrastructure.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Position Summary –12 month contract
Reporting to and supporting the Marketing Manager for Global Infrastructure, this role will develop, manage and execute a digital and social media strategy for the Global Infrastructure practice. The strategy will address the agreed business plan and priorities by building influential profiles for Global Infrastructure leaders, support key Global Infrastructure marketing campaigns and build profile for KPMG’s Global Infrastructure practice. Additional responsibilities of this role will be to support the Global Infrastructure Marketing Manager to execute global campaigns and other marketing deliverables in support of the strategic marketing plan.
This is a challenging global role that will involve day-to-day liaison with other GRC departments (e.g., program delivery, knowledge management and digital), KPMG marketing leadership, national firm marketing teams and key global third parties.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the development of marketing communications with a focus on social and digital marketing activities to deliver an integrated marketing program based on the objectives set in the strategic marketing plan (as determined by the Marketing Manager)
- Responsibility for planning and implementation of a digital marketing strategy for Global Infrastructure
- Working closely with other teams in the GRC, including Digital and Social Media, Global Program Delivery, and other Industry and Function marketing teams, as well as national firms around the world
- Responsibility for delivering programs to raise the external profile of the Global Infrastructure practice with key decision makers within our target audiences
- Responsible for working to advance and continually enhance our online presence and audience engagement on social and digital platforms
- Monitoring of marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Responsibility for effectively accessing and leveraging the wider Marketing Shared Services resources e.g. Brand Management, Digital Marketing, Event Management, PR, Marketing Knowledge Management, Marketing Operations comprising a mix of in-house, outsourced and offshored resources and services
- Responsibility for the implementation of a mix of activities to support the Marketing Manager for Global Infrastructure and achieve agreed business goals and the strategic marketing plan goals
- Identify and leverage programs and resources in key countries which can be tailored/elevated into the Global program
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
- A digital and social media marketing professional with at least 4 years of experience
- Experience in dealing with senior management and experience of developing compelling marketing campaigns and collateral with a focus on social and digital platforms that use various media and tactics to reach a targeted client base, enhance a corporate profile and drive sales
- Proven ability to create, engage and maintain a strong professional network to achieve corporate goals
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing complex (and preferably international) marketing programs – experience of working in a professional services environment will be a distinct advantage
- Experience creating integrated issue based platforms both for promoting relationships and generating revenue
- Proven project management skills with the ability to get buy-in and support for projects from diverse and often widespread stakeholders. Experience of the above in a global, matrix context would be very advantageous
- Interest and an understanding of the key issues facing the audit profession would be a definite advantage.
- Demonstrable experience and success in implementing digital and social media marketing strategies. This must include managing corporate social media profiles and communities
- Post graduate qualification, diploma or undergraduate degree preferably in a digital marketing/social media related qualification
- Confident and assertive with excellent influencing and persuasion skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including writing for digital and social channels
- Strong digital marketing and social media skills and experience across a broad range of digital platforms
- Flexible and able to operate in the context of very different cultures and national approaches
- Ability to work flexible hours as required - connecting and collaborating with colleagues in different time zones with some limited international travel