later Vecchio LLP is a dynamic plaintiff personal injury law firm located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We represent individuals who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents as well as people harmed by hazardous or defective products, and unsafe premises.
Slater Vecchio has an immediate opening for a Social Media Coordinator.
This position requires you to be self-motivating as most of your work will be completed independently. You must be an excellent writer, and have the ability to produce consistent, timely work. You will work closely with one or more of Slater Vecchio’s senior partners to maintain the Firm’s blog and further develop the social media platform. This is a fun, challenging work environment that requires someone who is enthusiastic and results-oriented with a proven track record for success.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Expert social media skills.
- Superior writing skills with an ability to adapt to different audiences.
- Intermediate graphic design skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Adobe Photoshop and Contribute.
- The confidence to work with all levels of a boutique personal injury law firm.
- A strong work ethic and initiative.
- Reliability and flexibility
- Curate ideas, research, and draft content for the Firm’s blog.
- Work with lawyers to develop themes and content for the blog; seek approval for each post from a senior partner.
- Graphic design, requiring intermediate Photoshop proficiency.
- Maintain existing website by updating lawyer profiles, job postings, legal articles, and community involvement.
- Generate fresh, client-focused content for new website.
- Compile Google Analytics reports to refine Web strategy and make ongoing improvements to digital marketing efforts.
- Execute email marketing campaigns to clients, partners, and vendors; manage respective distribution lists.
General Marketing & Strategy
- Create presentations to review marketing strategies with senior partners; make recommendations based on online performance and future trends.
- Edit academic and professional articles for law school publications and the legal industry.
- Coordinate events for recruitment and business development initiatives.
- Distribute holiday communications to clients, former clients, partners, and more.
- Generate content for Firm collateral and occasional advertisements. Work with graphic designers and a 3rd party marketing agency on design.
- Create QR codes and mobile Web pages for business cards; order cards with printers.
- Update and maintain internal staff photo directory.
- Work with lawyers on an as-needed basis providing online research for case work.
- Certificate or diploma in marketing or communications.
- Must provide a portfolio of previous marketing work or writing samples.
- Strong familiarity of social media for business and inbound marketing, including advanced working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, and Wordpress.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the legal industry.
- Prior website launch experience an asset.
- Must have basic understanding of Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
The Firm is a strong supporter of career growth and training opportunities.