Shaw Media represents a portfolio of world-class media brands. Our conventional television network, Global Television, reaches almost 100% of English-speaking Canadians and is complimented by 18 specialty channels including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY and Showcase.
Shaw Media has a contract opportunity for a Social Media Coordinator. Reporting to the Head of Social Media, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing social media audience and data analysis in support of business planning and development.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Collect and analyze social media data related to our television channel brands and shows. This includes both ‘social listening’ for our properties as well as analysis of activities on our owned and operated and competitive social channels
- Prepare reports related to our social media activities for a group of cross-functional internal stakeholders and partners
- Receive and action ad hoc analytic requests for social media activities related to in-market campaigns
- Work collaboratively with key social stakeholders across Marketing, Publicity, Sales, Research and Digital
- Research and report on social analytic tools and dashboards in the marketplace
- College diploma or undergraduate degree
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of social media data in a clear, concise manner, summarizing information for the end user
- Active knowledge and experience with social platforms – must be familiar with engagement via social media channels, namely Facebook and Twitter, as well as social media publishing and measurement dashboards (HootSuite, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills (including Excel and Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with Canadian media industry and Shaw Media channels, programming and digital properties an asset
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.