This is an entry level position considered to be both dynamic and challenging. Working closely with the Brand Manager, you will be our social media expert responsible for creating engaging digital marketing content and social media campaigns. You are a master at Hootsuite or other content management systems, and are comfortable with managing multiple social media platforms. You are outgoing and creative, with the ability to think outside of the box. You will be encouraged to become a key contributor and social advocate; demonstrating positive energy and acting as a role model for healthy team spirit. Your positive attitude and take-charge ability will serve you well as the recognized ‘social ambassador’ for this talented, fun-loving group. Excellent communication skills, great multi-tasking abilities, a strong work ethic, sense of ownership and initiative – and sense of humor! – are all keys to your overall success in this role.
- Develop targeted strategies for existing social tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to generate brand awareness, drive traffic and increase engagement to achieve sales targets and initiatives.
- Research, develop and execute monthly content calendar according to emerging trends, community events, social interests and marketing campaigns.
- Provide ideas for content development, manage and take ownership of contest tools as well as coordinating with internal departments for prize fulfillment.
- Respond to customer inquiries through social media, ensuring excellent customer service, redirecting inquiries when necessary and offering a consistent brand experience.
- Research industry trends, best practices, emerging technologies and platforms.
- Monitor online activity with a focus on exploring, evaluating and recommending additional emerging digital tools that would aid Organika®’s overall marketing strategies.
- Post-secondary education in digital marketing, communications and design is preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar role in a sales and marketing organization.
- A Hootsuite Master who loves healthy living with advanced knowledge and skills in Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or experience with WordPress.
- Ability to establish and build online relationships with key influencers (i.e. blogger relations) through proactive online strategies and execution.
- Copywriting experience in similar or related industry; able to write engaging quips or short editorial content or experience working with writers and content strategies is a bonus.
- Take initiatives and ownership of projects assigned.
- Excellent presentation skills with a penchant for persuasive speech.
- Has the ability to thrive and laugh under pressure.
- Habitually exceeds expectations.
- Enjoys dynamic, high energy environments.
What is it like working at Organika®?
- Organika offers a friendly working environment
- Dress code is smart casual
- We offer a good benefits package
- Fun events year round
- Open door management
- We have sense of humour
- We’ll make you feel part of the family
- We provide support and training and motivate you to reach your goals